Signings

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
pedro

Re: Signings

Post by pedro »

yep...DV was regarded as the best centre in the world before his knee problem and look what we ended up with.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

GeoffN posted:
Fraggle posted:
shawcross da warrior posted:
we wont sign beswick and we wont sign smith not a chance and why would we want them we released them in the fiirst place for not being good enough to make the warriors grade so why would we want them back......
Not quite true. As I understood things, Mark Smith left because he wanted a longer contract than the club were prepared to offer (they only offered 1 year) and his agent, and then coach at Widnes, was able to get him a better deal away from Wigan. Whether the contract issue was because the club thought he wasn't good enough, or they were just trying to keep their options open with respect to the salary cap, is difficult to tell but the fact that Wigan did offer a contract suggests they didn't totally think he was rubbish.

Beswick had to go to help create space for Fielden's arrival.
All true, but the fact remains both are surplus to requirements at present. We have 3 hookers on the books for at least another year (unless we cam manage to offload Millward somehow), and plenty better back-rowers than Beswick.
I agree totally, I was more trying to disagree with the reasons for their departure. I still believe Mark Smith is far better than Grandad, but with McIllorum finally breaking into the first team I think we're covered in terms of a backup to Micky Higham, and Bob was never much more than a squad player to allow us to have 17 men for a game. The likes of Tomkins and Hansen were always going to be ahead of him.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

i don't rate graham at all :doub:
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
pedro

Post by pedro »

REalistic? we have loads of money with DV going and Fletch so...

Minicello
Hunt
Stewart
Wesser
Hodgson
Slater
Hodges (played there for Brisbane and Queensland)
Patten
Bowen
Burt
Mathers

Props...

Graham
Lynch
Fozzard
Carvell
Crabtree

...Fielden :D

All are realistic with cap and Quota spots so theres my argument.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

for me, he isn't even an articale, he isn't even written yet!

i jsut do NOT rate him, he is so hyped by the comentators, i just don't like him. he runs the ball up yes but o'carroll does just the same as he does, and makes the metres. i really don't like him, i think it's because he's hyped so much. if he wasn't hyped up so much, id say yes he's decent, but for what the commentators say about him, i think he is no where near what they make out.

pedro

Post by pedro »

cos hes a scouser :D
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

wgnwrs posted:
Graham better than Peacock? OK yeah
mine have gone to!!! :lol:

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

wgnwrs posted:

Go on then name 10 full backs who we can REALISITCLY sign that are in a higher class than Briscoe.
Don't know about all their contract details, as far as availability goes, but with Fletchers quota spot freed up, and probably DV's salary, any one from Brett Hodgson, Tony Minichiello, Karmichael Hunt, Greg Inglis, Brett Stewart, Ben Hornby, Brent Webb.
pedro

Post by pedro »

You didnt say better you said playing as well if im not mistaken. Otherwise you could add Fielden and Morley too the list.

Mathers is far, far better than Briscoe. Even on his 1 leg. MAthers is aplying first grade in the NRL and Briscoe is fighting for a spot in super league.

wigan_twins

Post by wigan_twins »

He may but Saints but....
enough said :roll:
any1 whos fancys a gd hard shagin message me men nd especially women ;) xxxxxxxxxxx