Signings

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
shawcross da warrior

Signings

Post by shawcross da warrior »

it seems to be liike alot of clubs are starting to sign players for the upcoming season. this is normally around the time that you see wigan announce signings for the new season ahead so i was wonder ing if anyone knew if we had signed anyone...

and have we deffinatly signed briscoe i was under the impression we had....
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Re: Signings

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

time's time Shawky!

sure there's people on the cards!
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

Warrior4eva

Post by Warrior4eva »

By process of alimination and from sources Wigan will do the following-

Ashton is definately leaving.
Fletcher is to go back to Aus and frees up a qouta spot)
Vaeliki is currently playing for a new contrat but I feel it will be in vein.
Millard will retire at end of season

so we will need the following -

New Full Back
New 2nd Row
New Centre

New Prop (still needed)

The wages from Millard, Ashton, Vaeliki (On V Good money), Fletcher (On V Good Money) will give us quite a bit of money to manovere with.

New Full Back - Briscoe (to Sign)
2nd Row - Coley (Has Agreed)
New Centre - ? with the money we have I believe it will be a Top signing on a big wage and a qouta player but if sources are true I believe it to be S Hape from Bulls (Is this guy a quota player as I thought he was but source says not) Matt King will go to Bradford.
New Prop - Wigan trying to getRyles (Quota Spot taken) but likely to be another oversees player(Civeceva)
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Warrior4eva posted:

New Prop - Wigan trying to getRyles
It was all over the Internet Ryles has agreed a three year extension to his contract in Aus with his current club before you actually typed the above. Officially announced by his club last week. 19th June in fact.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/static/article_2796.asp

So that begs the question how reliable is the rest of your information?

Dave
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Warrior4eva posted:

2nd Row - Coley (Has Agreed)
We don't need another second row either; Hock, Hansen, Hill & Tomkins are enough.
fitzy

Post by fitzy »

I agree with you geoff n plus there is bailey who could and probably will play second row next season
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Morph posted:
Do we know for certain that Millard will retire at the end of the season. I'm not convinced, thought he had another year to run of his contract or it just wishful thinking.
Having watched him this season thought he retired last year :roll:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Warrior4eva posted:
New Prop - Wigan trying to getRyles (Quota Spot taken) but likely to be another oversees player(Civeceva)
Unlikely to be big Petero either. No club has offered anything like his wage demands, and is apparently now considering a new, revised offer from Brisbane, in order to remain a one club man.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Morph posted:
Do we know for certain that Millard will retire at the end of the season. I'm not convinced, thought he had another year to run of his contract or it just wishful thinking.
He has another year to run on his contract, as does Withers. Unless he decides to retire, we're stuck with him.
One option might be to make it clear he's now third choice, behind Higham & McIlorum - that might persuade him to leave. No reason why he wouldn't stay and just collect his wage, though, unless another club stepped in to take over his contract, which seems unlikely.
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

why the hell have we given him a contract for 2 years maurice should be shot for that .........