Sorry to bring up the topic ... GLORYSEEKERS !!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
100% Warrior

Sorry to bring up the topic ... GLORYSEEKERS !!

Post by 100% Warrior »

I'm sorry to bring this topic up after such a brave performance from the lads last night but it's bugged me all night ...

After the final hooter went last night quite a number of 'Wigan' fans got up from their seats and started to leave.

I know people would like to beat the traffic if possible but after what the guys have done for all of us this season I think it's not asking too much for them to stay behind and get behind the lads when they are feeling low.

I know I had one or two choice words to say to these 'supporters' as they left, I wish these people would get into their heads that it's not always about winning, you could see all the guys had bust a gut to win for us and they should be able to expect loyal support in return !!!
MrsLam

Re: Sorry to bring up the topi...

Post by MrsLam »

You're not the only one who was really annoyed by these people.
Near me there were afew 'wiganers' who got up at 70 minutes and walked out.
The match is 80 minutes and our lads have done us proud all season, its not asking too much to stay and clap them getting their medals. I went after we had left the pitch which meant staying for a little bit of the Bradford ceremony but I didnt even notice it 'cause the real fans were singing too loud.
I made it known to the people who were leavin what I thought of them 'cause its not on. What the hell is the point of coming for 70 minutes?
I dont care whether its more money for the club, its also a bad name for the club. You're not real fans so dont bother coming at all.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Emma Farrell

Re: Sorry to bring up the ...

Post by Emma Farrell »

you go girl!!!
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

Good on yer, Mrs Lam.

I agree with you 100%.

We don't need the sort of 'supporter' who turns their back on their team when the result doesn't go their way.

What these people fail to realise is that sometimes at the end of the day even though you've bust a gut trying to win it doesn't always come off that way.
OJ

Post by OJ »

It bugs me too no matter where, who or when we are playing but to do it at the final we never ever dreamt of getting to in the early part of the season sucks worst of all. Every team has them though and there's nothing we can do about it other than let these folk know how we feel but if they don't care enough to thank the team in the first place they aint going to be too concerned with what we think are they. Saddo's
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Ellie from the Block!

Post by Ellie from the Block! »

The glory hunters annoyed me and 100% Warrior watched me going bonkers at them all - I think I looked like I'd gone crazy (Especially with that face paint that has left a red glow)!!!!

I can't believe people started to walk away when our team need support and thanks. They had played their hearts out and deserved better than what some of those hypocrites there yesterday dished out!!!!!!

Anyway, this was all after we'd been stuck on a coach from Wigan with a load of clear glory hunters!! (The longest journey of my life).

Can I just say to those on Euroline Coaches (Number 4) you're a bunch of prats - especially when you say that "Central Park - hmmmmmm - that's were Wigan used to play good!!"

Clearly you'd not been all season - or for a couple of years come to that (otherwise you'd have seen us slap Saints and Bradford around this season already!), you talked out of your backsides and between you, you couldn't name the whole team!!!!!!

Ohhhhh - I am still annoyed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

I cant believe that neither Lowes or Pryce got at least sin binned! Since when has stealing a ball off an unconcious man been in the rules! I was so gutted when we lost, but bradford knew they had 2 take Carney out or they were in trouble.
I feel sorry for all the lads, with all the effort they have put in this season, especially Newton who has lost every grand final!
But next year we will win!! Hope someone knocked the S**t out of scumbag Pryce!!!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
wanny

Post by wanny »

Hey 100% Warrior were you wearing a lancashire Shirt?
wanny

Post by wanny »

Fair do's though quite a few of us stayed behind to clap the team off.

Anway im so gutted i cant talk other than to say well done lads thanks for a great season when i expected nothing at all.

Next year that trophy will be ours i promise you that
johnsons_babexx

Post by johnsons_babexx »

well i think that i was one of the last people to leave old trafford last night. I have never left a game early and have always clapped the team of the pitch. After last nights performance i dont think that the players deserved to see fans leaving early.
You know exactly who left early all those glory supporters didnt get the result that they wanted so they did a runner.
We all know who are the real supporters!!!!
Officially PJ'sNo.1.Fan!!

1/3 of the original Nobby's girls - we have the t-shirts to prove it!!!!!