Schofield an idiot?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
robjoenz

Schofield an idiot?

Post by robjoenz »

Well we all know he is already, but just watching Super League show on BBC1 and he said that there was no malice in Pryce's head slam on Carney. Is it just me being biased but he puts his hand over Carney's face and slammed it into the ground, is that not as bad (if not worse) than a high tackle in flowing play?
johnsons_babexx

Re: Schofield an idiot?

Post by johnsons_babexx »

And so is waite even considering leon pryce for gb selection.
Officially PJ'sNo.1.Fan!!

1/3 of the original Nobby's girls - we have the t-shirts to prove it!!!!!

Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

Schofield has this problem with us, even more so since Andy Farrell had a pop at him follwing some comments he made about us early in the season.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

No bias in his comment I suppose???????
No malice, my ar*e, they were told to take carney out, a few of us said that this would happen but it didnt hurt any less to see Carney taken off like that with the season hes had.
I was absolutely heartbroken for him, he looked ok at the end though (except very upset) Ive just realised actually, how insulting is this, not only did he not send him off but they actually got the ball back straight after Carney went off. Pathetic.
Best referee of the season, shows the standard really.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
rach15

Post by rach15 »

David Waite wouldn't be saying that the tackle was alright if carney was seriously injured by it because then he wouldn't be able 2 play 4 GB he might have then considered how dangerous it was!!

Leon be afraid of playing us next year be very afraid!!
O'loughlins number 1 fan!!
OJ

Post by OJ »

Leon be afraid of playing us next year be very afraid!!
That's if he doesn't get put in jail next week seeing as his trial which was put off to the end of the season starts tomorrow. Maybe he plans to show clips of last nights match to show the judge what a nice friendly kinda guy he is - now what are those words of Jim Royle's again?
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Ellie from the Block!

Post by Ellie from the Block! »

Just ignore what Schofield said. He's a fat has-been trying to cling on to a commentating career!!!!!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

What I want know is why his trial was postponed, I was told he could go down for 6 months.
Ive got no sympathy for him at all and I hope he goes down for longer cheatin scumbag.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

lets be honest if any wigan player had done that to leon price they would have been sent off. there was 2 in the tackle when they knocked carney out then they stole the ball. but price wasn't the worst player in my opinion jimmy lowes was. he did 2 high tackles and he was only on half the game. the sport can only get better when the likes of lowes retires
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
skorpion

Post by skorpion »

Earlier this season in the NRL Andrew Johns was cited for a similar tackle and got a 3 match ban for a guilty plea. Apparently if he had contested it the ban would have been a least double. Lets hope the RL take it up over here. Lets face it the replays show it to be deliberate, the officals bottled it on the night. That incident changed the game.