Latest info from my source GOOD and VERY BAD

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
cpwigan

Latest info from my source GOOD and VERY BAD

Post by cpwigan »

Hock/Millard on the bench v Wakey. Mickey Mac back in the 21s. Sean Gleeson playing against DV.

The club are in poop over sal/cap its looking like 4pts docked. Matt king has signed. Maurice is waiting for the 4pts to get docked and at the same time he wiil tell the fans that Matt king has signed.
highland convert

Re: Latest info from my source...

Post by highland convert »

Who did we sign last season after Fielden? Our books were checked. This would also include the wage forecast for the team to the end of the season. Simple maths. our wage total is 1.650,000 to the end of the season so we can sign Fielden on £50K and be safe. This was at mid point so we knew no bonuses etc were heading our way. Can't see any reason for an overspend!
pedro

Post by pedro »

ML staeted last season in the programme that our budget comes to no-where near the 1.8 mill mark. The cap is 1.8 mill or 50% of the income whichever lower. This could be why.
cpwigan

Re: Latest info from my so...

Post by cpwigan »

:conf: The test for me is that if my source is correct re all the info concerning the Wakey match then I shall fear the worst. If not, I shall breathe a sigh of relief.
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Moved to rumour mill :)
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

pedro posted:
ML staeted last season in the programme that our budget comes to no-where near the 1.8 mill mark. The cap is 1.8 mill or 50% of the income whichever lower. This could be why.
It was 1.7 mill last season and it is 1.6 mill this season.

Dave
pedro

Post by pedro »

The cap or turnover?..if its the cap its irrelevant as half our turnover is less
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:( Wigan Warriors have today named their 18 man squad for Sunday's engage Super League trip to Wakefield. The game at Belle Vue has a 3.30pm kick off.

The two players left out from the original 20 are Eamon O'Carroll and Michael McIlorum.

Wigan Warriors18 man squad :-

Chris Ashton, Mark Calderwood, Phil Bailey, Pat Richards, Trent Barrett, Thomas Leuluai, Stuart Fielden, Mickey Higham, Iafeta Paleaaesina, Gareth Hock, Bryan Fletcher, Sean O’Loughlin, David Vaealiki, Shane Millard, Paul Prescott, Harrison Hansen, Darrell Goulding, Joel Tomkins,

First part is true. My source gets info from within the club. For once I am hoping he is incorrect. NOt sure I can stomach another points deduction.
jimofwigan

Post by jimofwigan »

cpwigan posted:
Hock/Millard on the bench v Wakey. Mickey Mac back in the 21s. Sean Gleeson playing against DV.

The club are in poop over sal/cap its looking like 4pts docked. Matt king has signed. Maurice is waiting for the 4pts to get docked and at the same time he wiil tell the fans that Matt king has signed.
If Wigan are docked 4 points then the accountants from rugby league who audited our books are destined for the courts to defend their ability to be able to do simple arithmatic. We are one of the chosen few again who's books have been laid open for Rugby League headquarters to audit. If we are over the sallary cap I will be truely supprised having whitnesed the greatest exodus of players since Moses led the the jews out of Egypt. Have people got very short memories at the players that we have off loaded in the last 18 months . It reads like the who,s who of Rugby League. If we are over the sallary cap then it is Rugby Lleague Headquarters who are out of order not us and I can't see them penalising themselves can you? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

Moses leading the jews out of Egypt.

Very good, very very good line.. :lol: :lol: