REPOST: Latest info from my source GOOD and VERY BAD

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
pedro

Re: REPOST: Latest info fr...

Post by pedro »

Saints have breached the cap every year but because it was minimal they have been warned each year.

If we are cheating then so are they..and I bet Bradford are too. Ive heard Hull are the other party this year.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

pedro posted:
Saints have breached the cap every year but because it was minimal they have been warned each year.

If we are cheating then so are they..and I bet Bradford are too. Ive heard Hull are the other party this year.
Saints annoy me. League Express today is suggesting the three are Wigan, Bradford and Saints, and that Saints will again get away with a fine. How many times do they need to do these "administrative errors" as it is described in the paper before proper action is taken? I know they've not much money, and Eamon McManus has been putting his own money into the club (rather than buying belts for his trousers!) and I don't think they're too badly off financially any more. They are obviously cheating, otherwise they wouldn't be being mentioned for a third salary cap breach in 5-6 years, but I fail to see why they should get away with fines every time rather than points reductions like the rest of us.

Incidentally, if we get done for 4 points, can I have an apology off all those who argued with me months ago claiming that we were going be docked 12 points this year even before we had submitted the books to the auditors?!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Bert's Medal

Post by Bert's Medal »

DaveO posted:
mike binder posted:
no offence mike but do you agree with CHEATING, if you know you are cheating ,i would soner us gone down and played by the rules than be called a cheat
Look at this way. For years Wigan have run a full junior set up with U18 and U21 sides. Up until this season their wages all counted on the salary cap.

I'd hazard a guess the total wage bill for that lot would come to quite a bit more than we broke the cap in 2005 and I bet it was in 2006 as well (if we have broken it).

Wakefield on the other hand stick to the rules, have not run full junior set ups failing to fulfil fixtures and instead invested all their cap spend in Kolpak players. They have done this as stated by their chief exec to avoid the drop. Too risky to spend money on young players. They have changed this season with fewer Kolpacks but the team that beat Cas to stay up was full of them.

It is all within the rules so that makes it OK ?????

As mentioned Saints use offshore funds to make the cap go further.

As far as I am concerned avoiding the drop is the paramount concern because of the effect it has on the club with contracts cancelled and the dismantling of the side. The club would probably not be able to run the two junior sides any more because their wages along would take the club close to the Nl1 cap.

If by breaking the cap we avoid the drop then so be it. It just shows how stupidly run this sport is when the consequences of the drop are so severe and clubs can stick in the rules by offering no junior development and by signing overseas players instead.

Dave
A very good post Dave - didn't Wakey have 17 overseas players last year :exc:

It'll be interesting to see whether the Leeds-Souths tie-up is a way of maximising SL & NRL salary caps for the 2 clubs :doz: :wink:
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

mike binder posted:
no offence mike but do you agree with CHEATING, if you know you are cheating ,i would soner us gone down and played by the rules than be called a cheat[/quote]

I'm sure they tried to achieve the salary reductions required to get under the cap. Perhaps they jsut didn't make it. That's not really premeditated cheating, just failing to acheive a target (like a club that projected a certain income and then failed to acheive that breaking the cap on the 50% rule).
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Bert's Medal posted:
DaveO posted:
mike binder posted:
no offence mike but do you agree with CHEATING, if you know you are cheating ,i would soner us gone down and played by the rules than be called a cheat
Look at this way. For years Wigan have run a full junior set up with U18 and U21 sides. Up until this season their wages all counted on the salary cap.

I'd hazard a guess the total wage bill for that lot would come to quite a bit more than we broke the cap in 2005 and I bet it was in 2006 as well (if we have broken it).

Wakefield on the other hand stick to the rules, have not run full junior set ups failing to fulfil fixtures and instead invested all their cap spend in Kolpak players. They have done this as stated by their chief exec to avoid the drop. Too risky to spend money on young players. They have changed this season with fewer Kolpacks but the team that beat Cas to stay up was full of them.

It is all within the rules so that makes it OK ?????

As mentioned Saints use offshore funds to make the cap go further.

As far as I am concerned avoiding the drop is the paramount concern because of the effect it has on the club with contracts cancelled and the dismantling of the side. The club would probably not be able to run the two junior sides any more because their wages along would take the club close to the Nl1 cap.

If by breaking the cap we avoid the drop then so be it. It just shows how stupidly run this sport is when the consequences of the drop are so severe and clubs can stick in the rules by offering no junior development and by signing overseas players instead.

Dave
A very good post Dave - didn't Wakey have 17 overseas players last year :exc:

It'll be interesting to see whether the Leeds-Souths tie-up is a way of maximising SL & NRL salary caps for the 2 clubs :doz: :wink:
As what Dave O mentioned - "For years Wigan have run a full junior set up with U18 and U21 sides. Up until this season their wages all counted on the salary cap".
The benefit of Wigan's Junior squads has not helped the club as it should, the saary cap makes pay to that, by helping to force the release of the young talent the club has nurtured. Too many to list by name.
It is about time the RFL took on board that any player nurtured by a club at junior level should have the benefit of retaining their services by totally excluding them all from the salary cap. This would then weed out the dross, who shortcut the rules, like "Wakey" with their Kolpack signings. Good home bread players also leads to a better national team.
Come on RFL, get your act together.
FROM A TO B

Re: REPOST: Latest info from m...

Post by FROM A TO B »

Mike posted:
MODERATOR NOTE: this is a repost of cpwigan's thread on the possiblity of a 4 point salary cap breach.
cpwigan posted:
Hock/Millard on the bench v Wakey. Mickey Mac back in the 21s. Sean Gleeson playing against DV.

The club are in poop over sal/cap its looking like 4pts docked. Matt king has signed. Maurice is waiting for the 4pts to get docked and at the same time he wiil tell the fans that Matt king has signed.
And this is why we call it the rumour section.
Along with nobby's going to Leeds!

Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered