Old Firm Out

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Mr Stu

Re: Old Firm Out

Post by Mr Stu »

FROM A TO B posted:
Perhaps I should set up a preds league?
1 point for getting the club and 1 for getting the points deducted right!
I'll go for KR, Stains and Bulls.
Stains found to have breached the most, but because they are Saints the are let off, cos aren't Saints great "slurp, slurp, lick".
I still think the credibility of the RFL will have to be questioned if we are one of the clubs over (after all the fus they made with Fielden)
ha ha. i would go for wire and hull as well as us.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

you could be right AB

but definatley right with Stains

i 4 got for a moment that they are the untouchables as far as the hypocrits at RFL are concerned

does anyone know how the Stains have gone on with the taxman situation
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

Bert's Medal

Post by Bert's Medal »

Poster posted:
The source of this info is not one who has any time for rumours so perhaps it should be posted on Warriors Web.
Informant at a meeting last Thursday when open discussion was that DW & MO will be out by the end of the season and that Nobby is going nowhere. Talks are already underway with new consortium on terms and they will be involved with new signings. Also said that salary cap has been breached but no amount was stated and thus number of points deduction is unknown.
I hope this is true in all respects and that amount of breach is small enough only to bring a fine.
Poster - I've heard a similar story in relation to a new consortium.

From what I heard, if we'd have lost the CC quarter final, they would have been in place a lot sooner :exc:
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Morph posted:
does anyone know how the Stains have gone on with the taxman situation
Probably found not guilty, and HM Revenue & Taxes to pay Stain's costs. :o
Fined £3.50p.

They couldn't afford to pay, so Knowsley Rd. was repossessed in part payment. They still owe £1.25p.
ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior »

Just heard on local radio news that the 3 clubs in breach of the cap are us, Saints and Bradford. We all have to attend a prelimanary (spelling) hearing on friday, and the full results will be published early next week.
Poster

Post by Poster »

In real terms this makes it potentially worse .Whatever we think about the others it is bad news that they are both above us in the league it will throw us back into last seasons relegation fight and I for one am getting sick of this ,next season never comes.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Poster posted:
In real terms this makes it potentially worse .Whatever we think about the others it is bad news that they are both above us in the league it will throw us back into last seasons relegation fight and I for one am getting sick of this ,next season never comes.
As others have said, if we hadn't spent to bring in the likes of Fielden last year then we probably wouldn't have been in a relegation battle this year, but we may well have been in NL1 instead! I doubt those who said that relegation might have been good for us would really be enjoying the season if we had gone down, and certainly we'd have seen no Barrett, no Feka etc this year.

If we have overspent on the cap last year, and I think most of us accept that we probably have to some extent (although I'm sure it wasn't a big amount over given how many other players we released last year), then I'm sure it was a calculated - and necessary - gamble the club had to make. I'm sure no-one would have foreseen two defeats to HKR and heavy batterings away at London and Wakefield, those 8 points will cost us far more than whatever we lose in terms of salary cap punishment.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
MarkWestStand

Post by MarkWestStand »

Wait for it.. youve heard it here first

We will all call for Uncle Mo's head for failing to control the cap (And he deserves it)

The same time as the judgement is heard he will announce a big name signing (King?) in an attempt to plicate the masses

jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

if maurice and dave whelan go,perhaps the ex prime minister of thailand could take over,all that money,but we'll still have a salary cap,i'll stick with wiganers who care about the club.