Never mind eh?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaiJones

Never mind eh?

Post by DaiJones »

After a couple of hours shambling around Manchester on Saturday in a depressed daze, I managed to cheer myself up somewhat. So we were beaten by a team of big foriegners with no skill? So Lowes and Pryce should have at the very least been off the field for ten minutes each? If only the otherwise fantastic Tickle hadn't knocked on from the kick off after Radders' try etc.....I honestly think we have done the town proud, a brave performance from a brilliant team of young local players who must be absolutely shattered (and a good turn out from the fans too)...This team can do wonders next season and also be the foundations of a decent GB team for the next decade. Only hope Maurice doesn't buy a couple of 30 year old Aussies for next season, I know he'll use his cash wisely. PS We missed Lam too, but that is not a criticism of Luke who I thought did very well...looking forward to next year already and an easier route to the GF!
ian.birchall

Re: Never mind eh?

Post by ian.birchall »

Yes after the embarrassing no show at Murrayfiels last year it was very satisfying to see the number of Wiganners at OT. Hopefully next year these missing hordes will begin to re appear at the JJB.
It might not be Central Park but if my £30 seats in row GG on the 10 yard line on a crown green pitch were anything to go by the view at the JJB is better than at OT.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Pedro the Exile

Post by Pedro the Exile »

The point is that's it's a 2 way deal-the team tries & the fans will respond.The difference between saturdays performance & 2 years ago was immeasurable-same result in a way(we lost) but a totally different spirit.I was proud of the team on saturday-last time I was disgusted.
This team does not need any additions(o.k Andrew Johns if he'll come!)-Lam,Sculthorpe & Orr to be added back & the rest of the squad fighting for a place.
Can't wait for next season.
rach15

Post by rach15 »

Well the only way is up, think positive, we came 3rd last year in the PO, 2nd this year, so its 1st at the GF next year!!

Like daijones said there team is full of foreigners, there whole 3/4 line was foreign, vaikono, withers, hape, and vainakolo!!

Hardly any of their team are actually from bradford, where as most of our team are, our youngsters are(apart from kevin brown and luke) then we've got faz, newton, o'connor, rads, johnson, cassidy!!
O'loughlins number 1 fan!!
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

patience will be the key to a really great team im prepared to wait a couple of seasons to see real progress from the young lads.this season has been a real learning curve and only positives can come from it
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
Emma Farrell

Post by Emma Farrell »

kev brown??? were is e from?
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

GR sent two messages again
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

kev browns from st helens
did you not watch that match on good friday?!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
rach15

Post by rach15 »

yea he's from st helens!
O'loughlins number 1 fan!!
Emma Farrell

Post by Emma Farrell »

ye course i watched tht match on goodfriday i go 2 every 1 wots tht got 2 do with it?