Leon Pryce

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Diamond Lady

Leon Pryce

Post by Diamond Lady »

Firstly, to the team "Well Done", we achieved so much more than was expected at the beginning of the season, everyone wrote us off.

Secondly, why is Leon Pryce on trial? Heard lots of things at the match on Saturday and on various message boards but no one seems to be saying why. Can anyone fill me in.
ian.birchall

Re: Leon Pryce

Post by ian.birchall »

I think that you will find that he has been charged with wounding and affray and is due in court starting this week depending on other court cases currently running and finishing. This follows a street fight outside a night club last year.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Didn't he bottle someone?
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

He is alleged to have glassed someone in the Walkabout in Bradford
Emma Farrell

Post by Emma Farrell »

is that why ryan bailey and leon pryce got sent down? if ye then its coz they were arguing over a woman in a club and started fighting!
AndyLaw

Post by AndyLaw »

Story is on the BBC web site at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west ... 208196.stm

He has pleaded guilty to glassing one of the Slford coaching staff, and has been told all options are open including a custodial sentance.

Seems Bradford's bully boy tatics transfer to off the pitch as well as on the pitch.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

If the dirty get has admitted to it, the Bulls must have known about it. They have got to ask themselves some serious questions about why they allowed someone that has commited such an act against another club's staff to play in SuperLeague!

Throw the book at the thug!
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

Diamond Lady posted:
Firstly, to the team "Well Done", we achieved so much more than was expected at the beginning of the season, everyone wrote us off.

Secondly, why is Leon Pryce on trial? Heard lots of things at the match on Saturday and on various message boards but no one seems to be saying why. Can anyone fill me in.
he bottled some 1 if i got hold of him id bottle him he is a pr**k
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
warriors

Post by warriors »

He attacked Edward McGuinness, with a beer bottle.

Leon Pryce said that he did it 4 selfdence, the he pleaded guilty.

He put 48 stitches in him, from the beer bottle.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

robjoenz posted:
If the dirty get has admitted to it, the Bulls must have known about it. They have got to ask themselves some serious questions about why they allowed someone that has commited such an act against another club's staff to play in SuperLeague!

Throw the book at the thug!
He was originally charged with a more serious offence and pleaded not guilty. As a result and due to various witnesses being SL players and them not being readily available for the trial or some such reason, the trial was posponed until now.

At the trial on Monday the prosectution accepted a plea of guilty to a lesser charge.

Now call me a cynic but I see this as a ploy by both him and/or the club to have him available for the season and GF.

I mean why did they not offer to accept the lesser charge at the original hearing where he pleaded not guilty? Was it to avoid being sentanced for that during the season?

The cynical view is that he has had clever legal council offering him advice on how to plea to engineer this outcome.

By design or by accident, the not guilty plea has meant for him a season of RL and a "staring" role in the grand final.

There is now no "alleged" offence as he has pleaded guilty. He glassed someone and the reason a lesser charge has been accepted is because he said he was acting in self defence and the person on the recieving end of the glass did make a grab for him at some point.

But given his victim had to have 48 stiches in 10 seperate wounds I personally think this excuse is a bit dodgy to say the least.

Even if self defence is accepted, glassing someone who made a grab at you is a total over reaction and so that alone deserves a severe penalty IMO.

Dave