Leon Pryce

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
OJ

Re: Leon Pryce

Post by OJ »

Got to agree with you Dave, that was the way I saw it as well and it certainly does make you feel cynical, even more so if he gets a short custodial sentence now and is back out in time for next season. I've never been one to wish ill on anybody but there's something about this guy that makes the hackles rise.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

DaveO posted:

He was originally charged with a more serious offence and pleaded not guilty. As a result and due to various witnesses being SL players and them not being readily available for the trial or some such reason, the trial was posponed until now.

At the trial on Monday the prosectution accepted a plea of guilty to a lesser charge.

Now call me a cynic but I see this as a ploy by both him and/or the club to have him available for the season and GF.

I mean why did they not offer to accept the lesser charge at the original hearing where he pleaded not guilty? Was it to avoid being sentanced for that during the season?

The cynical view is that he has had clever legal council offering him advice on how to plea to engineer this outcome.

By design or by accident, the not guilty plea has meant for him a season of RL and a "staring" role in the grand final.

There is now no "alleged" offence as he has pleaded guilty. He glassed someone and the reason a lesser charge has been accepted is because he said he was acting in self defence and the person on the recieving end of the glass did make a grab for him at some point.

But given his victim had to have 48 stiches in 10 seperate wounds I personally think this excuse is a bit dodgy to say the least.

Even if self defence is accepted, glassing someone who made a grab at you is a total over reaction and so that alone deserves a severe penalty IMO.

Dave

'and there rests the prosecution your honour!'

Are you into law and that?
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

I really dont believe he got away with it!! Even my friend who hate WIgan say he should ofg been punished? Are they going 2 look into what happened? Someone sed Carney had a fit, is it true?
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Carney can report it if he's saw it as unclean, like Stinkybitch did against Smithy the other week trying to say he ran into tackles with his knees.

Wouldn't that be good, coming back from prison to face a 5 match ban, haha
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Yeah that would be funny!
He should report it, even my mate who is a saints fan cringed wen it happened, but no matter wot team u support u dont cheer wen they get carried off like th bradford fans did infront of us!
Did he have a fit though? that is what i was told!
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

My mother said he was having convulsions on the pitch.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
Carney5

Post by Carney5 »

Watching the replay on Sky the commentators said he has a fit and so the medical team had to be careful when removing his mouthshield, but if it was a fit surely the shield would have been better left in as then he wouldn't have bitten himself? Leon Pryce deserves to have the book thrown at him for that tackle alone. And I'm not biased...!!!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

"But since other Bulls players are to be called as witnesses the barrister requested the trial date be put back until 20 October so that Pryce could knock Carneys head off. "

Well it mayaswell say that. I also heard our lil Carney had a fit, is that true?! :(
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

yes he did hav a fit!
i was really gutted when that happened! i cant believe he got away with it!
he should go 2 jail and never return just for hurting my brian!!!!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

robjoenz posted:

'and there rests the prosecution your honour!'

Are you into law and that?
LOL. No!

But FYI the original charge was "wounding with intent" while the lesser charge is one of "wounding".

Apparently even the lesser charge can carry up to 5 years inside.

I doubt he will get 5 months.

If you or I or any other ordinary person had behaved as he did I doubt the legal system would have waited several months to bring the case to trial.

Dave