Salary cap and Newton

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Rugbydav

Salary cap and Newton

Post by Rugbydav »

1 Salary cap

Heard on the grape vine that Wigan will soon be docked 6 points (after appeal), really hope this isn't true!!

2 Terry Newton

Also heard that Newton has been pleading with the Warriors staff to find him a way back to the jjb - he is aware of the salary cap but just wants to get back to his home town club.

Your thoughts!!
Enjoy your Rugby League ..... We do!!
Glynola

Re: Salary cap and Newton

Post by Glynola »

Rugbydav posted:
1 Salary cap

Heard on the grape vine that Wigan will soon be docked 6 points (after appeal), really hope this isn't true!!

2 Terry Newton

Also heard that Newton has been pleading with the Warriors staff to find him a way back to the jjb - he is aware of the salary cap but just wants to get back to his home town club.

Your thoughts!!
It will be more like 4 points.

As for Newton - personally I would absolutely love it to have him back as number one hooker.
Everything they do is so dramatic and flamboyant. It just makes me want to set myself on fire!
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

i agree with glynola he is a great asset to any club newton he is strong and is a great passer of the ball....

he gives you a dimension to a team that people like higham and millard cant he has raw power and i think we need a powerful hooker back down at the jjb.....
Spanakopitta

Post by Spanakopitta »

someone remind me why newton went in first place?

if it was for more money then don't come bleating back to the fold when you realise that the grass isn't greener.

As for celery cr*p, when are THE teams announced?
GEER EM ONSIDE
LORENZO

Post by LORENZO »

A certain Mr Millward was responsible for us losing Newton. Don't forget Nobby was still at Bradford when they signed him and no doubt he was very pleased at the time.I Suspect he would love to have him back at Wigan now.
Of course, the directors have been trying to get out of the poo and possible relegation left by Millward.
Plus the underperforming big names from OZ. and the sale of some quality players we had to lose because these guys from OZ have big contracts.
Can anyone make up a team of recent players sold by Wigan that would hold its own in the top 6 of SL.
I suspect that many of us could. Fancy a go guys and gals?. : :cool:
Bert's Medal

Post by Bert's Medal »

Rugbydav posted:
1 Salary cap

The options for points deduction were doubled and are now 4, 8 or 12 points!

Do you mean that you've heard that Wigan will be docked 12 points, but will appeal and argue that it should only be 6 points? :doz:
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

LORENZO posted:
Can anyone make up a team of recent players sold by Wigan that would hold its own in the top 6 of SL.
I suspect that many of us could. Fancy a go guys and gals?. : :cool:
I did for one of my fantasy rugby teams this season. To be honest, they're playing pretty poorly, we're floating around the bottom of the league somewhere. I had players (and a former Assistant Coach!) for every position except stand-off, and I suspect that Mr Barrett is himself getting most of the points for the team!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Bert's Medal posted:
Rugbydav posted:
1 Salary cap

The options for points deduction were doubled and are now 4, 8 or 12 points!

Do you mean that you've heard that Wigan will be docked 12 points, but will appeal and argue that it should only be 6 points? :doz:
I agree that this seems unlikely. A 6 point deduction would imply a much more serious breach than last year, even with doubling last year's penalty, and with the furious offloading of about 15 players last I think it highly unlikely that we're anything like as bad as we were trying to sort out the mess of 2005 when we had a squad of something like 38 players because of injuries.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
Newton is a 50/50 person, you either like him or dont!

But for a player to say he wants to return to his own town club and play for them...Does this mean Warriors is in his heart?...Is this pride? If so, then isnt this what we all want in our team?

Anyway where have you heard this from?

To me Newton looks very happy at the Bulls! :conf:
I liked him while he was here, although his disciplinary record annoyed me (as does Hock's now).

The fact remains, though, that we don't need another hooker; Newton isn't significantly better than Higham, and would cost a lot more then McIlorum (carefully ignoring Millard!). Also, he's 30 next year.

mike binder

Post by mike binder »

hoping its 2 pts wigan arguing that the new system should was a greed for this year ,not last years cap
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME