Salary cap and Newton

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
FROM A TO B

Re: Salary cap and Newton

Post by FROM A TO B »

Ref the cap.
The worry is even if we get no deduction and Stains got 12, it would only leave them 2 points behind us in the league and I hate to say it, but they would probabaly still win the GF :(
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Glynola

Post by Glynola »

GeoffN posted:
The fact remains, though, that we don't need another hooker; Newton isn't significantly better than Higham, and would cost a lot more then McIlorum (carefully ignoring Millard!). Also, he's 30 next year.

Newton is on another level to Higham.

I personally hope at the end of the season we release Higham and bring Newton back, with McIllorum as back up.

Higham, as much as he is committed and hard working, is not a good enough pivot for the side.
Everything they do is so dramatic and flamboyant. It just makes me want to set myself on fire!
wigwan

Post by wigwan »

to be fair to higham he probably thinks he has to do twice as much when hes on the field cos he knows when he comes off that muppet millard aint gonna do nowt
Banksy

Post by Banksy »

Newton back in cherry and white would be a great result for the club. He's the best hooker in the SL and I would have him back any day.
Susi

Post by Susi »

I would love to see me tez make his way back here.
He's the proper no nine. Get rid grandad andbring that young lad through under tez guidance. Although I have to agree he is a little hot headed at times.
HE's belting player though. :wink:
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

mrs feka posted:
I would love to see me tez make his way back here.
He's the proper no nine. Get rid grandad andbring that young lad through under tez guidance. Although I have to agree he is a little hot headed at times.
HE's belting player though. :wink:
We've got too many other positions we need to fill to spend money unnecessarily on another hooker.
jammie

Post by jammie »

what we need is passion & desire and what if he get's a little hot under the coller you know you are going to get 100% commitment with newton,bring him home now.
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

jammie posted:
what we need is passion & desire and what if he get's a little hot under the coller you know you are going to get 100% commitment with newton,bring him home now.
We're a bit inconsistent here. On the one hand people are calling Hock and Ashton for regular ill-discipline, and at the same time everyone is calling for a player to return who has something of a reputation for trips to Red Hall to get banned!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
jammie

Post by jammie »

i don't have a problem with anyone showing pride and passion for this club. granted sometimes newton goes over the top,but at least we know he doesn't like to be beaten,and will lead from the front,i would be more worried if players like newton didn't show any aggretion.
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Newton back in a Cherry and white shirt would be a step backwards, he is a THUG we do not need him here, it would be a bigger mistake than when we signed Doc Murray :exc: