Salary cap and Newton

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
jammie

Re: Salary cap and Newton

Post by jammie »

look at the clubs that are at the top of SL,what do they have in common?saints:home grown players leeds home grown players,we need wigan lads to put some feeling into playing for wigan.players who have grown up watching great teams of the past and know how special it is to put on that cherry & white shirt,
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

i agree and newton is a wigan lad so get him back here as soon as millard goes hopefully at the end of the season..... :eusa10:
Bert's Medal

Post by Bert's Medal »

I heard an interesting story a few months ago about the Newton-Long incident............I don't know how true this is btw.

The story goes that Newton allegedly found out just before that match that he was going to be released by Wigan, he went out onto the pitch fired-up & the rest is history :exc: :doz:
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Bert's Medal posted:
I heard an interesting story a few months ago about the Newton-Long incident............I don't know how true this is btw.

The story goes that Newton allegedly found out just before that match that he was going to be released by Wigan, he went out onto the pitch fired-up & the rest is history :exc: :doz:
Proving he's a liability
Bert's Medal

Post by Bert's Medal »

Fujiman posted:
Bert's Medal posted:

Proving he's a liability
But, unfortunately, so too are many of our current players.

Terry Newton is one of the most gifted forwards in the British game, with a great rugby brain, shows a passion for the sport and has the ability to do the unexpected at the right moment......unfortunately, that includes clobbering the opposition :exc: :sly:

highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Of the current crop which player other than Paliaseana strikes fear into the oposition?
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

non of them i agree highland convert.....

a few years ago you could have said stuart fielden but not since he came to wigan.....

newton does that he gives you that edge.....
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

Newton's a nutter

there's no doubting his quality but he's too expensive in big situations...! we have enoough to deal with, with Hock and Lockers
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

OJ

Post by OJ »

Bert's Medal posted:

I remember seeing that somewhere too Bert's Medal, I also vividly remember the article in the Wigan Observer entitled 'Still in love with Wigan' where Mo said that with the sale of Terry to Bradford Ian Millward had finally ripped the heart out of Wigan.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."