Wigan breach fault of the RFL?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Brad5926

Re: Wigan breach fault of ...

Post by Brad5926 »

rumour from a friend of Micky Higham says that Wigan are under the salary cap(well over put not enough to be deducted points)will be fined a small sum. This is why our hearing is seperate from St's and Bulls hearing
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

are you sure it's not because we are playing on thurs, hope your right
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

i was wondering why we had a seperate hearing to the bulls and saints but i was fearing the worst.......

hope your right mate.......
Brad5926

Post by Brad5926 »

a suppose it could have something to do with the hearing but if it is only the backroom people who need to be present at the hearing then why change the game, then again the coach may have to be there a dont really no the in's and outs of it so if that is the case then that may be the reason for the game being on thursday
Poster

Post by Poster »

I sincerely hope that this is all true but the words, clutching and straws come to mind in a lot of this.The Rads payment seems a bit off the mark since the CAP rules apply to club expenditure and not any offshoot of the RL.There were lots of SL fingers in the pie when the offloading of players went on particularly as in the case of Kevin Brown to Udders Felt. There is little doubt in my mind that all of this could and should get nasty for RL HQ if our punishment is too severe and so it should. If we as a club are confident of our position we should attack the RL and not be putting up just a passive defence.
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Brad5926 posted:
This is why our hearing is seperate from St's and Bulls hearing
The punishment given to Wigan might be differant from that given to Bradford and St Helens but the reason our hearing is on the following Monday is because we are playing on the Thursday.
Brad5926

Post by Brad5926 »

oryt wel fair enuf just what i thought and heard :(
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

I thought the reason our hearings were on different days were because we pleaded not guilty and they have pleaded guilty.

When Dobson come over, his parents come over to stay and watch him, Whelan paid for them to come and now the RFL are saying it should be classed as money from the cap and not from elsewhere in the club.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

mrs_carney posted:
I thought the reason our hearings were on different days were because we pleaded not guilty and they have pleaded guilty.

When Dobson come over, his parents come over to stay and watch him, Whelan paid for them to come and now the RFL are saying it should be classed as money from the cap and not from elsewhere in the club.
Wigan have not actually pleaded not guilty yet, they can only official do that at the hearing, Saints and Bradford can still plead not guilty at there hearings.

If the reason Wigan are over the cap is because Whelan paid Dobsons parents to come over then Wigan will be found guilty because in the rules it says that money given to relations of the player will count on the salary cap.
6.8 Payments to relations/associates
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

adrenalinxx posted:
If the reason Wigan are over the cap is because Whelan paid Dobsons parents to come over then Wigan will be found guilty because in the rules it says that money given to relations of the player will count on the salary cap.
It is.
Saints and Bradford were found guilty last year, like us but only fined. So Bradford should have to pay their suspended £15000 from last year and if we are all found guilty and deducted more points for reoffending then surely them two should be too, especially considering Saints have been guilty of it more than us.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3