Re: Brett Hodgson coming to Wi...

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
thegimble

Re: Brett Hodgson coming t...

Post by thegimble »

GeoffN posted:
fitzy posted:
I would like to see briscoe back at wigan we need to use our quota spot wisley
An Aussie fullback (such as Hodgson) would be using it wisely. FB is one of the most influential positions on the pitch; that's where you need a top-class player.
Briscoe isn't, and never will be, top class.

Seeing as prop and FB is a problem for us we need quality in thjose areas. There are god props in SL but ni real class FB apart from Webb.
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

wish we could of had webb that would have been an amazing replacment for rads or ashton.........

we need to get someone like matty bowen i feel a youngster but who has experiance aswsell.......

i know we wont get him but we should try for him....

Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

GeoffN posted:
fitzy posted:
An Aussie fullback (such as Hodgson) would be using it wisely. FB is one of the most influential positions on the pitch; that's where you need a top-class player.
With you on that one Geoff, Briscoe never was and never will be top class.
Hodgson is very fast and elusive, albeit light weight, and at 29, scores tries very often too. He is currently Wests captain, and his favourite player, when growing up, was non other than Brett Kenny. I would like to see him in cherry and white.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Panchitta Marra posted:
GeoffN posted:
fitzy posted:
Hodgson is very fast and elusive, albeit light weight, and at 29, scores tries very often too. He is currently Wests captain, and his favourite player, when growing up, was non other than Brett Kenny. I would like to see him in cherry and white.
My favorite player was Brett Kenny when I was growing up does not make you a great player :D although I think Hodgeson is :roll:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

lucky 13 posted:
Panchitta Marra posted:
GeoffN posted: An Aussie fullback (such as Hodgson) would be using it wisely. FB is one of the most influential positions on the pitch; that's where you need a top-class player.
My favorite player was Brett Kenny when I was growing up does not make you a great player :D although I think Hodgeson is :roll:
Was just adding the Brett Kenny comment for a bit of interest.
I too think Hodgson is a good player, my only reservations are his age at 29, another player, maybe coming towards the end of his career, and he is also only 76kg in weight. All according to Wests Tigers web site.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Same age as Barrett who's not to bad this year :wink:

Size wise if he has played origin and NRL level don't think he will struggle over here , but it would then be a necessity to bring some size in with other signings a big fast tackle busting center and if Calderwood leaves a big winger of a similar style may be a big center now would be ok Walker
:wink: :wink:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!