Another off the list.......

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Lazy J

Another off the list.......

Post by Lazy J »

Looks like Matt King is off to Warrington, salary offered is stupid if prss speculation to be belived

qoute from Sunday telegraph in Aus

MELBOURNE Storm centre Matt King has signed a deal with English Super League club Warrington that will make him the highest-paid centre in the world.
The Sunday Telegraph has learned King will head to Britain on a four-year deal worth about $2.8million -- or $700,000 a season.

hmm who will warrington have to release?
:doz:
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
highland convert

Re: Another off the list.........

Post by highland convert »

Can't see it. 20% of cap to one player and a winger at that. Plus W are still my prediction to go down, King to div 1 I don't think so.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Lazy J posted:
Looks like Matt King is off to Warrington, salary offered is stupid if prss speculation to be belived

qoute from Sunday telegraph in Aus

MELBOURNE Storm centre Matt King has signed a deal with English Super League club Warrington that will make him the highest-paid centre in the world.
The Sunday Telegraph has learned King will head to Britain on a four-year deal worth about $2.8million -- or $700,000 a season.

Morley?
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Lazy J posted:
They have only just signed two new overseas players for next season - so if this is true, they will have to release all the current quota players.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
GeoffN

Re: Another off the list.....

Post by GeoffN »

butt monkey posted:
Lazy J posted:
They have only just signed two new overseas players for next season - so if this is true, they will have to release all the current quota players.
Not sure who their quota players are. I'd guess Anderson, Grose & Sullivan?
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Sounds like an agent desperate to get more money for him.

We should steer clear of him if he is after the big money deal let another SL club starve itself of a squad.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

GeoffN posted:
butt monkey posted:
Lazy J posted:
They have signed Chris Hicks, Michael Monaghan and I think, a relation (Louis) to Vinnie Anderson from the NZ Warriors for next season already.

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

butt monkey posted:
GeoffN posted:
butt monkey posted: They have only just signed two new overseas players for next season - so if this is true, they will have to release all the current quota players.
They have signed Chris Hicks, Michael Monaghan and I think, a relation (Louis) to Vinnie Anderson from the NZ Warriors for next season already.
The new quota rules come into effect next season, though, where all overseas players are counted the same, whether "Kolpak" or not.

Just remembered; Brent Grose is off contract at the end of this season - he'd fill our vacant fullback spot very nicely!
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

GeoffN posted:
butt monkey posted:
GeoffN posted: Not sure who their quota players are. I'd guess Anderson, Grose & Sullivan?
The new quota rules come into effect next season, though, where all overseas players are counted the same, whether "Kolpak" or not.

Just remembered; Brent Grose is off contract at the end of this season - he'd fill our vacant fullback spot very nicely!
They have on their books this season: Vinnie Anderson, Brent Grose, Henry Fa'afili, Chris Leikvoll, Mike Sullivan and Paul Rauhihi. So you are saying that most of these will have to go to accommodate the 3 already signed (not withstanding the Matt King rumour)

shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

and they have also said that they are not offering mike wainright a a new deal i know this is insignificant to the cap really......

but he i there longest serving player and realted to me mums b.f.....