King to wire!

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
shawcross da warrior

Re: King to wire!

Post by shawcross da warrior »

done deal now on skysports aswell.........

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/arti ... 14,00.html

obviousley he has gone for money and not to win trophys all i can say is he will regret it ...........
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Hawkeye posted:
Let i'm go wire. for $300.000 a year they can have him
Absolutely correct; in fact if reports are true, it's a lot more than that - £1.3 million over 4 years is £325 per season. That's way over the top.

I'd have been the first to criticise Mo if he'd paid that much.
Glynola

Post by Glynola »

GeoffN posted:
Hawkeye posted:
Absolutely correct; in fact if reports are true, it's a lot more than that - £1.3 million over 4 years is £325 per season. That's way over the top.

I agree.

I hope this paves the way for Gleeson to Wigan...
Everything they do is so dramatic and flamboyant. It just makes me want to set myself on fire!
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

Just out of interest, how old is Gleeson? Hope he has a haircut before he arrives, if we do go for him.

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Sutty posted:
Just out of interest, how old is Gleeson? Hope he has a haircut before he arrives, if we do go for him.
About 27, I think.

His form seems to have dipped a bit this season, though, not sure now that he'd be all that good a signing.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

GeoffN posted:
Hawkeye posted:

Do you do the accounts for Wigan as well Geoff?!

Can't believe that they are paying a centre £325000 a year that is a very sizeable chunk of their cap gone and their other signings can't be cheap...
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

I have always rated him, he's very light footed and has set up and scored numerous tries for GB. I know what you mean about his for this season though.

You know what they say, "a change is as good as a rest". Plus we all know how Nobby rates him, due to his regular inclusion in the GB team. Having said that, I hadn't even realised that this had reached rumour level yet. I thought it was just small talk.

shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

ohhh didnt think of that or would they prefer to sell paul johnson......

if they sell gleeson we should be first in the que get in there quick and secure a top quality signing........
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

GeoffN posted:
Sutty posted:
About 27, I think.
Yes, 27 and contracted until the end of next year, according to the Wolves website: http://www.warringtonwolves.org/PlayerD ... ayertype=s
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior »

With the money Wire have reportedly given to Matt King, they will surely have to offload at least one of the top earners to fit under the cap.

Gleeson is a player that I think would do well at Wigan. The game plan at Warrington dosnt seem to suit him.

Wigan need a centre, Kirk Yeaman would have been my first choice British player, but since he has signed a new contract at Hull then Gleeson could do a good job for us. Just not on stupid money.