Re: Protest after the Leeds ma...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fraggle

Re: Protest after the Leeds ma...

Post by Fraggle »

pieater-alex posted:
Do you think we should stage a protest against Maurice Lindsay after the Leeds match on Thursday.

Effectively if we are found guilty of breaching the salary cap which seems highly likely and get deducted points we will miss out on the play offs and this will be the 3rd season in a row of dissapointment.

This guy has brought nothing to the club in my opinion and I can't think of many fans that like him and want him at the club so do you not think it's time to make our voices heard and get our views across to the board?
Erm, we've not been found guilty of anything, and the club aren't going to meet the RFL until the following Monday. You can't have a protest based on "Mo out, if things go wrong next Monday", that's just silly.

You should at least wait until we've been found guilty of something before calling for his head.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Fraggle

Re: Protest after the Leed...

Post by Fraggle »

pieater-alex posted:
Fraggle posted:
pieater-alex posted:
Do you think we should stage a protest against Maurice Lindsay after the Leeds match on Thursday.

Effectively if we are found guilty of breaching the salary cap which seems highly likely and get deducted points we will miss out on the play offs and this will be the 3rd season in a row of dissapointment.

This guy has brought nothing to the club in my opinion and I can't think of many fans that like him and want him at the club so do you not think it's time to make our voices heard and get our views across to the board?
Erm, we've not been found guilty of anything, and the club aren't going to meet the RFL until the following Monday. You can't have a protest based on "Mo out, if things go wrong next Monday", that's just silly.

You should at least wait until we've been found guilty of something before calling for his head.
But this wouldn't be just about this one time. It would best about the past 2 years of dissapointment. And how we haven't won anything for 5 years!

And it's highly unlikely after how well this has been documented we're going to get a smack on the wrists. It's adament that we will get points deducted.
No, there's a lot of speculation and Wigan bashing going on, but the vast majority of those commenting on the subject know no more about the supposed breach than we do.

In terms of it being 5 years since we won a trophy, it's a bit disrespectful to the other teams in the league, suggesting we've got a right to win. Much as we might dislike them, Saints, Leeds and Bradford have certainly earned the right to win trophies as well, and with only 2 pots to win we can't expect to win them very often anymore. Although I do agree that we should have been closer to winning those two trophies than we have been, but maybe if we had not had 3 years of terrible injuries or coaches having to stand down because of illness then things might have been different.

2005 was a disappointment, but we only had half a team for a half a season and a coach who was not suitable for our club. That same coach presided over some terrible signings and lost the dressing room in the early part of last season, and reaching halfway through the season in bottom spot basically meant that last season was a write-off as well. Were you one of the few of us who hated Millward even when he was Wigan coach? We were very few in number, but we were proven right in the end. Blame Millward for last year, not ML. And injuries were the big reason for our problems in 2005, which also led to us being docked points for breaching the cap last year given that we had to buy lots of players to allow us to have a squad of 17 players on match day.

ML isn't a saint (in any sense of the word) but he's not to blame for all our problems in recent years.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Why not demonstrate against the Salary Cap :cool:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Fraggle posted:
In terms of it being 5 years since we won a trophy, it's a bit disrespectful to the other teams in the league, suggesting we've got a right to win. Much as we might dislike them, Saints, Leeds and Bradford have certainly earned the right to win trophies as well, and with only 2 pots to win we can't expect to win them very often anymore. Although I do agree that we should have been closer to winning those two trophies than we have been, but maybe if we had not had 3 years of terrible injuries or coaches having to stand down because of illness then things might have been different.
Quite right. People forget Davico's injury, Fletcher being laid up for the first 1/3 of a season, Hock, Lockers, Faz and Rads injuries to name a few not to mention how badly Mike Greg's illness screwed up the club.

We had some rotten luck for about three years with injures.

The point about there being only two trophies to win is also lost on many. They are both knock out competitions. The GF is a short knock out competition at the end of the season and so the result of one game can end your season.

Knock out competitions can mean the best team over the season don't win the cup. I am not saying we have been the best team in the past few years but the season Lam got injured when we put Saints out just goes to show how much more luck plays a part these days. Had he not got injured I am sure we would have had a much better chance.
ML isn't a saint (in any sense of the word) but he's not to blame for all our problems in recent years.
This is true. Even this season the fact we have come up with wins like Bradford and losses to HKR is IMO all down to the players. They are capable of very good play but then come up with some dire stuff as well.

No doubt if we don't win the cup or league due to some more of these dire team performances that will be down to Mo but I bet if we go on and win the cup no one will give him any credit either.

Dave
ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior »

Dont think that after the Leeds game would be the right time to stage a protest to get Mo out. After the hearing and IF we are deducted any points, that would the time to start shouting for his head.

My own personal opinion is, that regardless of whether we loose any points or not, Mo should walk away from the club. His management of the club, back in the day worked, but in this modern era it is out of date, and simply not working.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

No.

I want to get home, work at 6 friday
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Nine

Post by Nine »

Why don't you find out first what happens on the salary cap allegation? Or are you just interested in a knee-jerk reaction against someone that you obviously don't like?

Great - let's give the press (and rival fans) a chance to show some Wigan fans having at a go at their club despite the fact that the club is saying quite strongly it is not guilty and has behaved openly and honestly! :angry:
Squad number 18!
Loco

Post by Loco »

you do realise that mo has loads of shares in the club what would happen to the clubs finances if he was forced to leave cos he wouldn't keep them shares and wigan would have to buy them sending us into debt
consigliere

Post by consigliere »

Fact is that Mo owns less than 9% of the shares.
Not an issue. It is myth that he owns more than that.

No way should there be any demonstrations until and unless we are found guilty.

IF and ONLY IF we are guilty of cheating again...
Then there simply protest made to get rid.
www.directeta.com

THE BEST WAY TO FOLLOW WIGAN AWAY
ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior »

Nine posted:
Why don't you find out first what happens on the salary cap allegation? Or are you just interested in a knee-jerk reaction against someone that you obviously don't like?

Great - let's give the press (and rival fans) a chance to show some Wigan fans having at a go at their club despite the fact that the club is saying quite strongly it is not guilty and has behaved openly and honestly! :angry:
I couldnt agree with you more. A great post mate. At the moment the players need our support, not to hear us chanting for the chairmans head.

Besides there is enough people already against wigan without the fans having a go aswell.