New signings

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Warriors_ace_17

New signings

Post by Warriors_ace_17 »

Anyone got any idea of new players we could get for next year. I know we have already got Danny Orr (thank god, maybe no creativity sean O'Loughlin can stop terrorising us now), but who else do you think we should get??????
2004 YEAR OF THE WARRIORS (hopefully)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
redhead

Re: New signings

Post by redhead »

dont really think we need anyone else at the moment think we should concentrate more on the younger ones I know they have done us so proud this year but should make sure they are going to stay with us by not getting new players for there positions...will need to look at the scrum pack probably next year in case Quentin,Craig,Terry or Mick retire
the little walnut
Mike
Site Admin

Re: O'Loughlin

Post by Mike »

Warriors_ace_17 posted:
(thank god, maybe no creativity sean O'Loughlin can stop terrorising us now)
I think that's a bit harsh on Sean. Without his two tries at Leeds, we wouldn't have made it to the GF. His first in particular was created entirely by himself.

I am looking forward to seeing how Orr fits in to the back line though.

Personally, I'd like to see an experienced centre to rotate with the youngsters. I've no idea who though, all the available players seem to have been snapped up. I wouldn't mind going into next year with the squad as it is. We have cover in all the positions we could want.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Perhaps fans do not recognise his tackle volumes,anybody who tackles more than Mick Cassidy is probably using up too much energy on defence.
Like you I wonder what we are going to do with Danny Orr, perhaps Adrian Lam left it too late to sign an extra year on his contract, we already have O'Loughlin, Robinson and best of all lest we forget Kevin Brown to come through next year, I always Maurice was more canny with his money than to buy people for positions we do not need to fill, but then I look back on how good a signing it was the last chap we bought from Cas who just got better and better when he came to Wigan.

Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
tihsllub

Post by tihsllub »

Wigan can't totaly concentrate on young home born players they have to have a nice mixture of experience and youth. I just hope Lam stays another year to work with the younger players also hope he stays so we are not chucking somone into his position and hope they will do just as good of job it doesn't work like that.
There are much better players out there than O'Loughlin but we won't look any where else than him coz of farrels infulence. I'd buy a second rower with a bit more creativity a bit like graham. I beg wigan not to put Paul Johnson in center
rach15

Post by rach15 »

I know sean didn't have the best mid season, but he made up 4 it in the PO with a try against saints then 2 at leeds, and as mike said without him at leeds we wouldnt have been at the GF!!

As someone said before he works really hard in defence he was our top tackler of the season, also he won young wigan player of the season and he's the captain of Eng 'a'!
O'loughlins number 1 fan!!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

rach15 posted:
I know sean didn't have the best mid season, but he made up 4 it in the PO with a try against saints then 2 at leeds, and as mike said without him at leeds we wouldnt have been at the GF!!

As someone said before he works really hard in defence he was our top tackler of the season, also he won young wigan player of the season and he's the captain of Eng 'a'!
I reckon the main problem with Sean is his inconsistancy, sometimes he'll play great, like Leeds in PO's and other games he looks like he doesn't know where he is, like Cas in the last game of the proper season. He's only young and will surely get better with Faz looking over him and gaining experience?!
tihsllub

Post by tihsllub »

hummm yeah his tackling is strong but thats about it. Yeah she has scored tries hasn't eveyone that doesn't make him good enough. Just look at his positioning in defence and he isn't quick enough to read the game in attack and defence it's all very well saying we wouldn't have to go the final with out him because he scored 2 tries that doesn't make him good enough.

"He's only young and will surely get better with Faz looking over him and gaining experience?!"

That's prolly the biggest problem Faz looking over him

Any way thats my moan .
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

i woul'd personaly like farrell to get his knee sorted and not play in the g.b squad i know that sounds mean but if we are to finish higher than third next year we need the best squad available.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
Captain Chaos

Re: New signings

Post by Captain Chaos »

From what was being hinted at in the Wigan Evening Post, Greg may be trying to perform the ultimate magic trick....getting brass out of Chairman Mo's chequebook.

Hopefully, with a further quality signing to beef up the squad along with Danny Orr and further recruitment from the Academy ranks we will be able to go one better next season (preferably stuffing it right up the Bulls).

2004 - THE "YEAR OF THE WARRIOR"