Salary Cap & Wigan

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Fraggle

Re: Salary Cap & Wigan

Post by Fraggle »

Panchitta Marra posted:
If the club management has made an error of judgement, then they are the ones that should suffer the full consequence.
But is that not the same in every business? My organisation went through a merger a couple of years ago, that was perhaps not-so-well managed. We're now heavily in debt and desperate to recoup money, but rather than the managers being fired to claw back some of the money, it's the grunts on the ground who are suffering from financial cutbacks, staff not being replaced when they leave, potential job losses etc etc. We've all been working as hard as ever, but we're also the ones who have to put up with the consequences of bad management.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Panchitta Marra posted:
Dave,
I made the reference to players busting a gut like Trent Barrett, who does not fall in to the same category as some of the other players who seem to have been lacking continual ambition this season.
Players like Barrett are the ones who are genuinly losing out due to the cap pionts deduction. If the club management has made an error of judgement, then they are the ones that should suffer the full consequence.
Apart from which, Barrett wasn't even here at the time.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Fraggle posted:
Panchitta Marra posted:
If the club management has made an error of judgement, then they are the ones that should suffer the full consequence.
But is that not the same in every business? My organisation went through a merger a couple of years ago, that was perhaps not-so-well managed. We're now heavily in debt and desperate to recoup money, but rather than the managers being fired to claw back some of the money, it's the grunts on the ground who are suffering from financial cutbacks, staff not being replaced when they leave, potential job losses etc etc. We've all been working as hard as ever, but we're also the ones who have to put up with the consequences of bad management.
Fraggle,
My point is that under the points penalty of the salary cap, it is the players who suffer the punishment the most.
This points penalty error is not the players doing, however, a mis judjement of a mangement team that should fully understand the inplications of breaching the salary cap.
That being the case, why should the players be the ones that suffer the most, as in "most instances", they are the ones slogging it out.
MrAlex

Post by MrAlex »

Do we know what time we'll find out if our outgoing chairman has found a loophole in the 'this seasons / last seasons penalty' farce.