New signing and info on salary cap

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
LKC29

New signing and info on salary cap

Post by LKC29 »

Was in the cherry and whites lounge on friday and a quite reliable source was saying that forshaw had been out earlier in the week to see a player about signing for next year, the man in the fram is chev walker. views on this please

In addition to this i was talking to paul prescotts dad and he was saying that noble had all the players together earlier in the week and told them that we will not be getting a points deduction and if we beat bradford on frday (as we did) the amount of points they are going to get deducted would mean that we go abopve them in the league. Weather or not this was motivational speak from Noble but i thought he mmight know a thing or two about it since he was the manager that spent thier money for the best part of last season. Comments/thoughts
DaveO

Re: New signing and info on sa...

Post by DaveO »

LKC29 posted:
Was in the cherry and whites lounge on friday and a quite reliable source was saying that forshaw had been out earlier in the week to see a player about signing for next year, the man in the fram is chev walker. views on this please
What side of the centres does he play compared to Goulding? I would have thought if we were not getting King then Goulding should be given a first team slot to replace DV.

I would not like Walker to arrive and keep Goulding out of the team so it depends if the centres are to be Goulding and Walker (with Bailey to second row) or Bailey and Walker with Guouding back in the U21's.
In addition to this i was talking to paul prescotts dad and he was saying that noble had all the players together earlier in the week and told them that we will not be getting a points deduction and if we beat bradford on frday (as we did) the amount of points they are going to get deducted would mean that we go abopve them in the league. Weather or not this was motivational speak from Noble but i thought he mmight know a thing or two about it since he was the manager that spent thier money for the best part of last season. Comments/thoughts
I don't think Noble would have an idea of how much Bradford were over the cap because he was coach there. The salary cap is a complicated thing in terms of what is and what is not included on it in terms of what counts as a players wage. A lot of that is down to interpretation by the people doing the salary cap audit so I doubt Noble would know why Bradford were over. Unless of course they were so far over simply on agreed contracts before he left it was obvious but I doubt this would be true.

I can't see the RFL making the cap breaches of Wigan, Saints and the Bulls known to other clubs either so I am sceptical that Nobby knows something we don't unless he has a contact at the Bulls but then why would they tell him anything?

I think we are just going to have to wait and see. I hope you are right so lets see if this Thursday the Bulls are indeed due a points deduction big enough to take them below us. If they are then that is the first part of your rumour confirmed.

Dave
GeoffN

Re: New signing and info o...

Post by GeoffN »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
I`v said before, and ill say it again....No points taken of us :wink:
I believe you!
fitzy

Post by fitzy »

I hope your right nobby's girl!!! :D
pedro

Post by pedro »

He wasnt calderwoods centre as that was Senior..
jammie

Post by jammie »

don't know how true it is but i heard it was spoken about as far back as the agm and bradford were allegedly 400,000 over the cap but had managed to be bailed out by a brewery,don't know if they were talking about 05 or 06 season.sorry no more info than that,does anyone else know anyone that went to the agm that might know more?
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

Shevi 4 life

Post by Shevi 4 life »

Going on the new rules i think it would be good to have chev (id rather have matt king) and goulding centers bailey to second row to replace fletcher who is out of contract at the end of the season
There expanding knowsley road from 3 car park spaces to 4
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Quote from an old article concerning the "Play Now - Pay Later" deals going on in Rugby League, in Australia and New Zealand.

http://www.rleague.com/db/article.php?id=24546

Shows really, that the Salary Cap is nothing more than a restriction in trade and should be abolished. It was only applied because jealous Yorkshire clubs wanted to handle "Big Club's" purse strings. Nothing to do with evening out the competition.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
jammie

Post by jammie »

if we get docked points then dw should spend some of his money and challenge the salary cap in court.how can we make the game more attractive to people,(to play the game and invest money) if they keep holding the big clubs back to hold up the smaller clubs.
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Have been told by a few people who know about these sorts of things. That if the salary cap was taken to court the RFL wouldnt have a leg to stand on. somthing do with a EU trade law.