New signing and info on salary cap

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
fitzy

Re: New signing and info o...

Post by fitzy »

good take the rfl to court and overule the hearing only thing is the rfl wouldn't do you any favour's again
jammie

Post by jammie »

have they ever?
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

fitzy

Post by fitzy »

good point and the answer is a suprising

NO
fred_flintstone

Post by fred_flintstone »

Ah, the cap is an agreement between the clubs. something that all the clubs agree to abide by or suffer penalties. I've no doubt that you could mount a serious legal challenge, in effect its a restriction on both employer and employee.

The Bosman and the recent ruling on contracts in footbal prove that Wigan or any club could pay what they want and probably get away with it if they so wish. Should it be done? well, the risk to the game of Rugby League Football would be very high indeed.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Anyone forget Uncle Mo started the foundations for such a cap when he had his wamr leather seat at the RFL back in day?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

well who did chev walker have on his wing because when ever i saw them on t.v it was chev walkerand calders not senior and claders......... :conf:

i am growng every more increasingly confidentabout not gettin points deducted i hope nobbys girl is right........ :)
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ancientnloyal posted:
Anyone forget Uncle Mo started the foundations for such a cap when he had his wamr leather seat at the RFL back in day?
No but then the salary cap we have now is very different than the one he went for which was a simple percentage of income cap.

In fact next season the percentage of income element disappears from the current cap so to suggest Mo had anything to do with formulating the current cap is disingenuous.

Dave
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

DaveO posted:

No but then the salary cap we have now is very different than the one he went for which was a simple percentage of income cap.

In fact next season the percentage of income element disappears from the current cap so to suggest Mo had anything to do with formulating the current cap is disingenuous.

Dave
Absolutely true, Dave. Seems to me the RFL have totally forgotten the original reason for the cap, which was to stop clubs getting into financial trouble. They've become obsessed with the secondary reason, that of "levelling the playing field".

Spanakopitta

Post by Spanakopitta »

level playing field aka dumbing down to the lowest common denominator
GEER EM ONSIDE
OJ

Post by OJ »

GeoffN posted:

Absolutely true, Dave. Seems to me the RFL have totally forgotten the original reason for the cap, which was to stop clubs getting into financial trouble. They've become obsessed with the secondary reason, that of "levelling the playing field".

Excellent points - email them to the club - it could form part of our defence!
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.