King Confirmed at Wire

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
GeoffN

Re: King Confirmed at Wire

Post by GeoffN »

ultimate warrior posted:
This has come from a very reliable source at the Wolves, Matt King is to be paid a minimal wage as a player, and the rest of his wage will be paid to him as an ambassadoir for the club.

Only the wage as a player will count on the salary cap, its the same kind of deal that Morley and Paul Rhahehi (spelling) are on there at the mo.

It is blatantly bending the cap rules, but they will get away with it as it is a legitimate loophole in the salary cap.
No it isn't. The rules specifically cover "dual roles" and even if they only play one game, their entire salary counts against the cap. It's exactly the same as a player coach.

6.6 Dual Roles
6.6.1 Where an employee of the club is employed in a capacity other than as a player,
and plays one or more first team games (excluding friendlies) in a season then
he will be considered a player and as such remuneration payable by the club for
the other duties shall also be included as Salary Cap Costs

http://www.therfl.co.uk/clientdocs/Oper ... les_07.pdf
ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior »

No it isn't. The rules specifically cover "dual roles" and even if they only play one game, their entire salary counts against the cap. It's exactly the same as a player coach.

6.6 Dual Roles
6.6.1 Where an employee of the club is employed in a capacity other than as a player,
and plays one or more first team games (excluding friendlies) in a season then
he will be considered a player and as such remuneration payable by the club for
the other duties shall also be included as Salary Cap Costs

http://www.therfl.co.uk/clientdocs/Oper ... les_07.pdf[/quote]

Cheers for clearing that up GeoffN, I was lead to believe that what I was told was correct, but I was wrong. Glad that that loophole has been closed then.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

I really hope warrington dont know the loopholes have been closed..now that would be great entertainment. :D