King Confirmed at Wire

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Fujiman

Re: King Confirmed at Wire

Post by Fujiman »

Interseting part of Kings statement about joining. Could he being paid as a player and as a coach therefore some of it not being included in the salary cap?

King said he spoke with Warrington coach Paul Cullen on Monday to tell him his decision. "I suppose I will walk into some sort of leadership role at Warrington, being where I am at the moment," he added.

"I spoke to the coach over there last night and mentioned how I like looking after the young fellas and if I could take a role there at Warrington it would be great."
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Fujiman posted:
Interseting part of Kings statement about joining. Could he being paid as a player and as a coach therefore some of it not being included in the salary cap?

King said he spoke with Warrington coach Paul Cullen on Monday to tell him his decision. "I suppose I will walk into some sort of leadership role at Warrington, being where I am at the moment," he added.

"I spoke to the coach over there last night and mentioned how I like looking after the young fellas and if I could take a role there at Warrington it would be great."
Irrelevant. Even if he only plays one game for them, his entire salary counts on the cap.

More likely he's thinking of a captaincy role.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

GeoffN posted:
Fujiman posted:

Irrelevant. Even if he only plays one game for them, his entire salary counts on the cap.

More likely he's thinking of a captaincy role.
I was meaning for example if he was paid 75% of the amount as a player and 25% of it as a coach. 2 jobs 2 salaries. But does it count as i salary in th cap rules
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Fujiman posted:
I was meaning for example if he was paid 75% of the amount as a player and 25% of it as a coach. 2 jobs 2 salaries. But does it count as i salary in th cap rules
It all counts as one salary.

6.7.1 Where an employee of the club is employed in a capacity other than as a player, and
plays one or more first team games (excluding friendlies) in a season then he will be
considered a player and as such remuneration payable by the club for the other duties
shall also be included as Salary Cap Costs.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

GeoffN posted:
Fujiman posted:
It all counts as one salary.

6.7.1 Where an employee of the club is employed in a capacity other than as a player, and
plays one or more first team games (excluding friendlies) in a season then he will be
considered a player and as such remuneration payable by the club for the other duties
shall also be included as Salary Cap Costs.
Thanks for clearing that up
roo67

Post by roo67 »

king 325k
gleeson 200k
briers 200k
plus hicks,monaghan,louis andreson all on 100k+

thats over a million for 6 players
then add paul johnson,vinnie anerson,reardon ,parker,clarke and bridge

will they have enough money left to put out 17 players each week?
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

roo67 posted:
king 325k
gleeson 200k
briers 200k
plus hicks,monaghan,louis andreson all on 100k+

thats over a million for 6 players
then add paul johnson,vinnie anerson,reardon ,parker,clarke and bridge

will they have enough money left to put out 17

players each week?

Morleys on a good screw as well MO pulled out of the running for him as he wanted too much/

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:conf: Reardon and Johnson are not cheap.

They have the two Andersons too.

ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior »

This has come from a very reliable source at the Wolves, Matt King is to be paid a minimal wage as a player, and the rest of his wage will be paid to him as an ambassadoir for the club.

Only the wage as a player will count on the salary cap, its the same kind of deal that Morley and Paul Rhahehi (spelling) are on there at the mo.

It is blatantly bending the cap rules, but they will get away with it as it is a legitimate loophole in the salary cap.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Can't see it ,but it would not surprise me ,but if that was the case every club would do it and we would have no earing in two weeks time !
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!