Re: Chev Walker.....

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Fraggle

Re: Chev Walker.....

Post by Fraggle »

GeoffN posted:
Not really all that many have left that have gone on to be stars though.

I remember most people on here being quite happy when the likes of Aspinwall, Wild, Hodgson, Brown were released. More recently, the Academy players of the last two years haven't looked like being all that successful.
Would we find a place now for Hargreaves, Gleeson, Beswick, Allen? I don't think so.
The only one of the recent youngsters we might be using now is Melling, and we didn't know Ashton was leaving when we released him (similar to the Briscoe situation).
I agree, and have said so here on many occasions. Some of that batch of kids we released last year had only even got into the first team because of the injury nightmares we had for 2-3 seasons. We would have either never heard of them, or they wouldn't have been rushed in and we might have had time to develop them further. I wouldn't swap Goulding, Prescott, O'Carroll, McIllorum, Hansen or Colbon (or Ashton) for any of those we have released in the last couple of years.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]