Re: Chev Walker.....

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Got the same imfo but still only a rumour until WRLFC confirm it and for this season to replace Withers ?
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

would add some size and pace which would be much needed either for a top six finish or more realistically to keep safe this year
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Banksy

Post by Banksy »

I can't see him demanding a large amount of money so that is good for the salary cap along with him being a "suppose" good player.
Brad5926

Post by Brad5926 »

i would really like to see chev walker down at the JJB good player who doesnt take no Sh*t from anyone,big nasty get stuck in centre, when i heard about chev walker maybe coming to wigan which was at the same time as when Matt King was on about coming i personally would have said Chev Walker any day
Flinny

Post by Flinny »

On the bad side guys I have just heard that Cardiff Blues Rugby Union are scouting Mark Calderwood. They have lost there 2 wingers in the off season (1 left the club and Chris Czecai broke his leg for Wales against Australia) and are looking for an urgent replacement. I live in Cardiff but I'd hate to see him leave the Mighty Wigan but the Blues are a big money outfit and , as you all know, money seems to talk these days. I'll keep you all posted !!
Banksy

Post by Banksy »

Can they not buy an existing Union player because it will take some time for Calderwood to adapt to the new sport, so maybe not the best "urgent" replacement?
Flinny

Post by Flinny »

They got Shanklin who can play winger, but he is a world class centre and they have just bought a guy called Tal Selley who is an average winger from the Ospreys but they looking for someone a bit classy...hence Calderwood. If they get him soon then he will still have a few weeks pre season plus the wingers roles are not to dis similar. Cardiff got a habit of signing League players, most recently Iestyn Harris and Anthony Sullivan (a classy winger), if you know what I mean.
Brad5926

Post by Brad5926 »

Of all the wingers in the super league and the welsh union league and guiness prem they decide they want calderwood , just our luck that. Only reason calderwood hasn't shone to his full potentiol when at wigan is because his centres have never been much kop (cept bailey, good player but not a true centre) now if we sign some one like atkins or Walker then we will see a diffrent Calderwood. The one who topsthe try scoring table such as 2003, correct me if am wrong. maybe it was 04'
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

ive heard that warriors are to sign someone next week havent heard a name just to expect a signing next week.......

must be him would be a good signing............

i honestly dont think calders has the size for union he deffinatly has pace to burn so would be like robbinson but has no weight to him........
markill

Post by markill »

it'd cost them to take calderwood before the end of the season surely? so that would be unlikely i assume?

as for chev walker, with our foul play and sin binning record this season is another hot-head what we need? give our own youth a chance i'd say. play goulding more, when has he let anyone down, against any opposition
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod