Re: Chev Walker.....

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

markill posted:
as for chev walker, with our foul play and sin binning record this season is another hot-head what we need?
Don't see your point is. As a team, the frustrations of not performing and to any consistency, are surely weighing heavily on players.

This is leading to their indiscipline, IMO a more settled, balanced, winning side will surely result in a more disciplined team.

Catalans have no relegation problems, thus have no pressures placed on them to the extent that futures are being played for. Hence their placing at the top of the Fair Play League Table.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

butt monkey posted:
markill posted:
as for chev walker, with our foul play and sin binning record this season is another hot-head what we need?
Don't see your point is.

As a team, the frustrations of not performing and to any consistency, are surely weighing heavily on players.
I thought the point was obvious. I think you will find the vast majority of our penalties against count is down to three players Hock, Fletcher and Lockers, not the team as a whole.

It isn't the team getting frustrated giving away penalties it is down to a small number of consistent offenders giving away the most penalties for whatever reason.

If Walker is a hot head then he may join that band of players thus making our penalty count even worse.
This is leading to their indiscipline, IMO a more settled, balanced, winning side will surely result in a more disciplined team.
I think it is the other way around. If the team was more disciplined they would win more games. We have a settled side with few injuries so far this season so they really don't have an excuse.
Catalans have no relegation problems, thus have no pressures placed on them to the extent that futures are being played for. Hence their placing at the top of the Fair Play League Table.
Whether that is an issue or not for our players it is only certain ones who are reacting badly if it is. The question is therefore would Walker react like those players or be more professional about it?

I have no idea what his past record was like on this front but if he has a deserved Hock-like reputation for indiscipline we really could do without that.

Dave
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

But Dave, I do not believe the main offending players actually go out onto the pitch with the attitude - well how can I lose the plot next.

There has to be more to it than simply they are dirty players also.

If the side was winning more games and performing at a better level than currently, I do feel that the "red-mist" that these players show, will also somehow reduce as a consequence - my own though, but they would need psychoanalysing properly to confirm.

Just winning breeds a winning attitude!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

wgnwrs posted:
will be a Wigan player next week, mark my words! :D

Good news i feel.
Sorry, dont rate him.
He was lazy and slow at Leeds, cant se him changing his style at Wigan.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Panchitta Marra posted:
wgnwrs posted:

Good news i feel.
Sorry, dont rate him.
Probably weren't saying that on 18th June 2005!

Panchitta Marra

butt monkey posted:
Panchitta Marra posted:
wgnwrs posted:

Good news i feel.
Sorry, dont rate him.
Probably weren't saying that on 18th June 2005!
One game doesnt suddenly make him a good player.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

wsn't just oen game though was it :conf:
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

By the end of the 2005 season he had scored 75 tries in 156 appearances for the Rhinos.

comes from one good performance does it?

get real, walker was great in league. set up go knows how many for calderwood and he knows his own way tot he line. look at who we have in the centres now. bailey second rower) and vaealiki (god knows what).

walker is a great player. quick, strong, can cover other positions. some of you need to remember back to when he was ripping throguh defences on a weekly basis :angry:
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

We will just have to let Brian Noble use his own judgement on who comes and goes. He gets paid for it, and if he gets it wrong will get fired for it also.

He is a big centre, and Nobby's approach has always been to have a big team.

Panchitta Marra

- psycho - posted:
By the end of the 2005 season he had scored 75 tries in 156 appearances for the Rhinos.

comes from one good performance does it?

get real, walker was great in league. set up go knows how many for calderwood and he knows his own way tot he line. look at who we have in the centres now. bailey second rower) and vaealiki (god knows what).

walker is a great player. quick, strong, can cover other positions. some of you need to remember back to when he was ripping throguh defences on a weekly basis :angry:
Must have been watching different games than me Phsycho. I fancy Millard would push him for speed over 30 metres. I havnt seen the same, athletic, quick Walker that you have. Maybe he has a twin by the same name.