Re: Chev Walker.....

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Panchitta Marra posted:
I fancy Millard would push him for speed over 30 metres.
Not alot of players are actually that quick over the first 30m, that's why the impending loss of Chris Ashton is such a shame.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

and the gain of rob burrow would be amazing. off the mark, calderwood isnt fast, it's over a distance. walker is quick. he didn't set up or score so many tries by crawling to the line.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

butt monkey posted:
Panchitta Marra posted:
Not alot of players are actually that quick over the first 30m, that's why the impending loss of Chris Ashton is such a shame.
Most good halves have pace over the first 30 mtrs, if not they have got their training all wrong.
My comment is to say that Walker lacks pace.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Panchitta Marra posted:
butt monkey posted:
Panchitta Marra posted:
Most good halves have pace over the first 30 mtrs, if not they have got their training all wrong.
Not compared to Baily and DV, surely?
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

I would be happy for us to give walker a chance rather than DV another contract. As long as he was offered a sensible contract and he played on the same side as Calderwood; I think that it would be a decent signing (although we have yet to resign Calderwood) If there was any fair play; DV would play for the club for another year for free!

I would hope that next season will see Bailey move to second row to replace Fletcher and Goulding get a starting spot. It's only by letting him play week in week out we can see if he is good enough; a few substitute appearances and not representative of how he will perform over the course of a full season
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
Panchitta Marra

jinkin jimmy posted:
Panchitta Marra posted:
butt monkey posted: Not alot of players are actually that quick over the first 30m, that's why the impending loss of Chris Ashton is such a shame.
Not compared to Baily and DV, surely?
Walker is possibly faster than Bailey, but then again Bailey is a second row.
I would put my money on DV beating Walker in a footrace over the full pitch length though.
Panchitta Marra

lucky 13 posted:
would add some size and pace which would be much needed either for a top six finish or more realistically to keep safe this year
A big problem with any player coming from, or returning from union is their big lack of fitness. Union is a similar game, but with different techniques, he will not be used to back tracking 10 metres after every ackle in defence, or the ball to hand running time with his time spent at Bath. It will take at least one month of solid fitness training alone to get back to a level any where near that required in Superleague.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Panchitta Marra posted:
A big problem with any player coming from, or returning from union is their big lack of fitness. Union is a similar game, but with different techniques, he will not be used to back tracking 10 metres after every ackle in defence, or the ball to hand running time with his time spent at Bath. It will take at least one month of solid fitness training alone to get back to a level any where near that required in Superleague.
And the rest I suspect. My man at the Whinoes who keeps up to date with ex Leeds players says the reason he has not featured strongly for Bath is the fact that he has had an annus horribilis with one injury after another, must make him a shoo in for Wigan.
On that very point it is time the conditioning team got a bonus as this year for the first in living memory :) we have been able to field the same team week in week out.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Flinny

Post by Flinny »

And we aint blowing out of our arses by half time, as we did for much of last year.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Flinny posted:
And we aint blowing out of our arses by half time, as we did for much of last year.
Probably because we're only turning up to play 60% of the time
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."