stevo

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mr Stu

stevo

Post by Mr Stu »

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/arti ... 71,00.html

The JJB hasn't been a happy hunting ground for Leeds this year and a lot of fans on both sides will be waiting to see which teams turn up tonight.

There have been a lot of off the field goings on which may affect them and force both clubs into playing well.

At Leeds for instance there is the imminent arrival of Brian McClennan. Most people in the know realise that he has never taken a position like this at a top level club.

But Brian has enjoyed great success at international level in the Tri Nations and his track record in that department of the game speaks for itself.

All of which means that Tony Smith will want to go out with a bang and the players really have to step up to the plate for him in the remaining games of the season.

Wigan of course has been up and down of late, one week they get beaten and the next they produce a great performance to stun the Bradford Bulls.

Both sides are capable of mixing it with the big teams where a couple of weeks ago people thought that there was only really one side capable of challenging St Helens - Bradford.

That has been turned on its head and it leaves Super League XII wide open which is great for the game, and proves that St Helens isn't invincible.

All the top clubs can be beaten and this is going to be real tough encounter at the JJB.

Wigan will not know there fate when the game kicks-off as they are still waiting to hear the decision from the

Salary Cap committee.

You have to wonder how far that uncertainty will play on their minds. I'm sure Brian Noble will tell the players to forget about what is going on off the field and make sure they take the points.

The Warriors will want to follow up their win against the Bulls with another performance here but I've got a feeling that the Rhinos will fancy their chances tonight.

It won't be easy but I think that the win against Bradford may have taken more out of the Wigan players than they might realise.

Fitness will play its part as ever and I think Leeds may have the slight edge in that department even though at this stage of the season both sides will have their walking wounded.

There is no better way than getting over those mid season aches and pains than with a morale-boosting win and after losing at the JJB twice this season Leeds will want to make it third time lucky.

whats he talking about with us being more tired then leeds when leeds have had 2 very hard tiring matches in two weeks against bradford then saints. surely they will be as tired and fatigued as we are if not more.

Mr Stu

Re: stevo

Post by Mr Stu »

i think his behind talks more sense then his mouth :o
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Mr Stu posted:
i think his behind talks more sense then his mouth :o
It an improvement on his face :lol:
madmags

Post by madmags »

He cant even get the venue right.
They have lost twice to us this season but it was at Headingly not JJB.