New Shirts ????

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
100% Warrior

New Shirts ????

Post by 100% Warrior »

Does anyone know if it is correct that a new away kit is being released ?

If so, does anyone know anything about the colours or the release date.

Also, is it likely that the home kit is being changed as well.
robjoenz

Re: New Shirts ????

Post by robjoenz »

There's gonna be a new away but not home shirt. On the tag when I bought mine the home one said 'Wigan Home Shirt 2002/2004', the away one said 'Wigan Away 2002/2003' and it's also £25 for the adult one in JJB now.
Captain Chaos

Post by Captain Chaos »

I believe it's going to be coming out around Xmas based on information I got from one of the JJB branches at Wigan.

With this and the Super League game coming out in December, I'm going to be brassic.
warriors

Post by warriors »

i hope we av new home an away shirts. Not coz i dont like these 1's. It is that i just wont them 2 av a new shirt.
johnsons_babexx

Post by johnsons_babexx »

What happens to the home shirts if youve got a players name on the back and then they change squad numbers.

Ive got johnson 4 on both home and away and no doubt his number will be changing so me home one will be outta date.

I would prefer a new home one to away shirt i dont like the home one at all. I also like the black one and think that we should stick with black its better than navy blue.
Officially PJ'sNo.1.Fan!!

1/3 of the original Nobby's girls - we have the t-shirts to prove it!!!!!

robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

warriors posted:
i hope we av new home an away shirts. Not coz i dont like these 1's. It is that i just wont them 2 av a new shirt.
We don't want to get to the stage where we are releasing two or more new shirts every season like Man United, I would have prefered to keep both shirts for the following season. The kit supplier will be the same, as will the sponser, no need to change other that to get more money (which you can understand to a certain extent).
warriors

Post by warriors »

johnsons_babexx, wot dont like like about the home shirt that we av now? i think that is alright. Sarah an her parents dont like it as well.

But i am not really that bothered if we get a new shirt or not.

O and, i start work at jjb sports on thursday, so i will be able 2 tell u what new shirts we are gettin.

The names that i am goin 2 have on the home an away sirts are, carney on the home, an lam on the away.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

warriors posted:
johnsons_babexx, wot dont like like about the home shirt that we av now? i think that is alright.
The shirts now are ok I'd say from a quality point of view, the stitching and that is well done, however, the JJB on the front is damaged after the first wash and the colour fades on the colour after a about three. From a aesthetic point of view, I like it.
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

Have to admit that the only thing that annoys me with the shirts is the way the JJB logo has been put on the shirt.

Why couldn't it have been printed onto the shirt as they have done previously.

Hope they do that with the new shirt that is on it's way.
johnsons_babexx

Post by johnsons_babexx »

warriors posted:
johnsons_babexx, wot dont like like about the home shirt that we av now? i think that is alright. Sarah an her parents dont like it as well.
i find that it pulls really easily and then looks tatty. If you lean against a rough wall then it all pulls out. Or even sillier if you snap your nail and happen to catch your shirt then it pulls. Just like the away 1 better it doesnt pull like the red one and doesnt look tatty apart from the jjb on the front.
Officially PJ'sNo.1.Fan!!

1/3 of the original Nobby's girls - we have the t-shirts to prove it!!!!!