New Shirts ????

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fraggle

Re: New Shirts ????

Post by Fraggle »

I'm not a fan myself of this year's black shirt. I preferred the previous black shirt from a couple of years ago. If we go for blue and white again I hope it's not like the 1999 shirt which was blue with only a tiny bit of white and I'm sure it had blue numbers on the back as well! Even though I'm not too old I remember my eyesight struggled badly to read numbers on those shirts.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

I dont personally mind whether it is balck or blue, although we seem to have gone to black over the past few away shirts!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
warriors

Post by warriors »

I no that we are not gettin a new home top. But i think we a gettin a new away top. I am not sure what colour it will be, i think that is is either going to be, blue or black. :D
Ellie from the Block!

Post by Ellie from the Block! »

I quite like the fact we play away in black rather than blue - black is a very slimming colours and so the larger women of the world can put on their little black number and be happy.

The problem with the shirts of late is that the quality (speaking as an expert!!!) is so very poor. It is cheap mass produced crap.

The JJB thing is like a bullet proof vest. The material is so cheap that even when you're ironing it, it plucks and then snags all of the masterial that you have to then stretch to try and make it look presentable.

Dare we even ask for some decent sized shirts. I am the size of a pixie and the shirt went down to my knees - what the hell is that about!!!!!!!

The collars will not - no matter how much you steam iron them, lie properly and therefore you can look like you never ironed the shirt to start with!

I hate Rock FM - so get rid of that (and whilst we're at it get rid of that Dixies photo in the programme). If you work in Preston like I do then you're subjected to listening to this guy day in day out anyway!

I think we should stick with traditional cherry and white hoops for the next home shirt rather than putting pretty little pictures into the material as well....so distracting!

That's my humble opinion and I am an experienced clothes horse! :angry:
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

any idea`s when the new shirt will be out to buy??
do jjb know? anyway...
i`m pretty sure we will all be buying it.. REGARDLESS of colour!! LOL

warriors

Post by warriors »

i dont think it comes out to buy, till next year.

But i work at jjb an i will look at the paper work, to see when the date is that it comes out. :)
mario

Post by mario »

I hate Rock FM - so get rid of that (and whilst we're at it get rid of that Dixies photo in the programme).
I'm not over keen on rock fm, but they talk about wigan warriors and give them more support than wish fm do. it's not just because they are a sponser, they always have whilst all wish fm can do is talk about latics and saints