What a match, b v stains

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
the big i

Re: What a match, b v stai...

Post by the big i »

Surely that was just bentham asking for help from the video ref to get another opinion as well as the one from his touch judge!
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

No, this was totally different to the cardiff farse. Ref made up his mind with touch judges help. Then made sure the tackle was as bad as he thought. Cardiff the comment came from the video ref unasked for. good reffing. If the shot had not been as bad as first seen the call would have been wrong Video ref could check ref could not. HC
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

turf posted:
According to www.bbc.co.uk/rugbyleague, Daniel Anderson Says:

I'm tired of inept officiating. We turn a blind eye to it every week - all of them, the referee, the touch judges and video refs.
He has a case regarding the Gardner disallowed try, but nothing else, and he's conveniently forgotten all the wrong decisions that went in their favour, like the Roby pass that should have been a penalty to Leeds.

He clearly hadn't watched the video when he made those comments; he's promised to "stand corrected" if proved wrong (don't hold your breath, though!).

I don't understand why the RFL haven't charged him, like they did with Betts.....

Oh, now I understand; it's Saints.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Anderson was upset wasn't he when the scrum was formed and the try disallowed. I'm pretty sure that's what he'll be referring to. That was a bit of a mess.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

robjoenz posted:
Anderson was upset wasn't he when the scrum was formed and the try disallowed. I'm pretty sure that's what he'll be referring to. That was a bit of a mess.
It was, but you can clearly hear Bentham shout "held" before the ball comes loose.
I'd perhaps agree that he shouted held too early, although it did seem that the movement had come to a stop.
It's that consistency thing again; some refs would have allowed play to go on a few seconds longer, but having shouted held, there was no other decision possible.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

GeoffN posted:
It was, but you can clearly hear Bentham shout "held" before the ball comes loose.
I'd perhaps agree that he shouted held too early, although it did seem that the movement had come to a stop.
It's that consistency thing again; some refs would have allowed play to go on a few seconds longer, but having shouted held, there was no other decision possible.
It's happened to me quite a few times. When the ball carrier is in a rolling maul and the maul stops. If the ball carrier has his back to you you can't see properly. You think the ball is locked up and start to shout held and the ball suddenly flies out backwards to a team mate. It should really be a scrum rather than a penalty if it's in the process of calling held.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The Gardener one was a hard call as their was a long time between him being on his back and then getting it down. For me he got it down and a video referee may have given it or a penalty for a second effort.

The held was a farce BUT it could never have been a try. so Anderson has no dispute.

I would not like Anderson to be under real pressure. Cripes if one thing goes wrong he complains. Imagine if saints lost several games or were in relegation trouble.

Saints did not play well. I thought Bradford were there for the taking in the second half BUT Saints blew it.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

suely the gardner one can be classed as double movement? because he had him wrapped up in the in goal, he is at a stop, then he turns over and puts it down. you could compare that to a double movement, where a player is stopped, grounded whatever, then he dunks the ball over the line. just a thought.

also, i think if a team rushes to form a scrum, i think they should contiue to be in that scrum, when the ref calls time off i think they should stay as a scrum rather than seperate.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

There are many involved directly in the game who support your argument re scrums Psycho.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

well, the ref calls time because they form the scrum for a split second :conf:

then, they get it sorted properly ONLY after they have all their forwards in, some teams rush to form a scrum and have centres at prop just so it's a scrum. i think it's unfair on the other team when a team forms a scrum, breaks up when time is off and then get their bigger guys back in.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------