ohhhh damn!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wolftown warrior

ohhhh damn!

Post by wolftown warrior »

just got home from the u.s. & have been crushed by our g.f. defeat...........

got the games taped for me but won`t be able to get em till tomorrow!
sounds like the leeds game was a barnburner..

what happened in the the final.?? how many of u guys got out there??
devasated by the loss but also really proud of our lads to get as far as they have this season!!!!

well i guess i`ll reas the threads and catch up on all things wigan, i missed!
MrsLam

Re: ohhhh damn!

Post by MrsLam »

The Leeds match was great!
That seems so long ago now :D but our end was packed (I hate that ground so much) can't say we made that much noise, was very disappointed with the atmosphere there as usual. But the lads did well and kept us worried right till the last minute.
Don't even start people off about the final!!! You probly know it was a sellout, and this time Wigan did make all the noise and the lads did us proud.
Leon Pryce is a little **** and took out our Carney which clearly shook up the rest of the team when nothing was done about it n they got the ball because 'he knocked on.' The scoreline didnt really reflect the match in my opinion. It was just one game too far for us this one.
I woke up this morning and thought, aww this time last week!!!

Ooooo and Newton cried (Shock shock!)
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

The ref 'Mr Kirkpatrick' also admitted in a radio interview that he had made a mistake with the Carney incident, said he should have at least given the Warriors a penalty.

Still, that poor decision should not be allowed to overshadow the great fight the lads put up on the night.

After watching the match again on TV, at around the 60 minute mark Stevo said that the Bulls were going to cut loose and blow the Warriors away. Never happened though did it.

Just imagine how close it would have been if Hodgy's foot hadn't hit the touchline and if Luke had got over the line when he danced through the Bulls defence at the end of the game.

Anyway, we can take pleasure in the fact that we scored the best two tries of the evening without a shadow of a doubt.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

MrsLam posted:
The Leeds match was great!
That seems so long ago now :D but our end was packed (I hate that ground so much) can't say we made that much noise, was very disappointed with the atmosphere there as usual. But the lads did well and kept us worried right till the last minute.
Don't even start people off about the final!!! You probly know it was a sellout, and this time Wigan did make all the noise and the lads did us proud.
Leon Pryce is a little **** and took out our Carney which clearly shook up the rest of the team when nothing was done about it n they got the ball because 'he knocked on.' The scoreline didnt really reflect the match in my opinion. It was just one game too far for us this one.
I woke up this morning and thought, aww this time last week!!!

Ooooo and Newton cried (Shock shock!)
Little? Surely BIG
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

I agree but hes not big hes a huge one!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3