Wilkin Banned

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Wilkin Banned

Post by cpwigan »

1 match
I would have given him 2
fitzy

Re: Wilkin Banned

Post by fitzy »

that's another terrible descion by the rfl should have been 2 he delibratley commited two high and dangerous tackle's and was sent off are the rfl stupid or just plain crazy!?!
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

cpwigan posted:
1 match
I would have given him 2
Not a surprise really - before anyone chimes in saying it wasn't that bad a tackle - what would Terry Newton have got?

Should have been at least a couple.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
turf

Post by turf »

It was a bad challenge and he deserved to be sent off by Bentham (I think it was).

Should have got at least two matches.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Aizue at Hull KR got 3 matches for a tackle which was much more of a reaction with less intent. Wilkin is very lucky... Level playing field???
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

gpartin posted:
Aizue at Hull KR got 3 matches for a tackle which was much more of a reaction with less intent. Wilkin is very lucky... Level playing field???
Although, to be perfectly honest, I'm only interested in whether he was banned for Friday or not. Doesn't really matter if he plays against anyone else, that doesn't really affect us too much. Plenty of time for him and Newton to bash each other up in the semi-final...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
turf

Post by turf »

gpartin posted:
Level playing field???
No, it is just the RFL being on eyed as usual!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry:
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Fraggle posted:
gpartin posted:
Although, to be perfectly honest, I'm only interested in whether he was banned for Friday or not. Doesn't really matter if he plays against anyone else, that doesn't really affect us too much. Plenty of time for him and Newton to bash each other up in the semi-final...
Maybe, but it's still one rule for them and one for the rest. Why wasn't his record taken into account like Newton's always is? He's already been banned once this season.

Plus, I want the Bulls to beat them in the semi!
Banksy

Post by Banksy »

I would have given him 3 totally deliberate and dangerous play, inexcusable. I think the RFL should turn into a circus.
turf

Post by turf »

Banksy posted:
I would have given him 3 totally deliberate and dangerous play, inexcusable. I think the RFL would turn into a circus.
Absolutely 100% correct Banksy. Bit puzzled on the last bit though???? :conf: :conf: