Sculthorpe

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mrs_carney

Sculthorpe

Post by mrs_carney »

Does any body know why danny was left out so much last year? i know he damaged his ribs but that was healed before the end of the season! He is a great player and i hope we see more of him next year!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Alex the Warrior

Re: Sculthorpe

Post by Alex the Warrior »

I was very impressed with Danny's effort and commitment last season. I remember Stuart Raper saying he was going to leave him out of one game because he badly needed a rest and he ended up playing because of other absentees. In another game, he played the full 80 minutes. Very brave because i'm not convinced he was ever fully fit and maybe this caught up with him eventually.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

I think Danny's brilliant, great at offloading although sometimes he gives it away instead of keeping hold. I think the reason he was left out the end of the season was due to Quentin, Craig and Terry playing so well, you couldn't take any of those out of the team.
Welski

Post by Welski »

The lad is certainly a cut above the current crop of young forwards. I was really looking forward to seeing him last night for the England A side I assumed he was over his injury problems and was ready to go. When he came on though I really thought it looked like he needed to be a lot fitter. Its a real shame if his diabetes is causing him problems... if he can overcome whatever is holding him back he really will become a class act.
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
Welski

Post by Welski »

The lad is certainly a cut above the current crop of young forwards. I was really looking forward to seeing him last night for the England A side I assumed he was over his injury problems and was ready to go. When he came on though I really thought it looked like he needed to be a lot fitter. Its a real shame if his diabetes is causing him problems... if he can overcome whatever is holding him back he really will become a class act.
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
Nat

Post by Nat »

The bit in these posts about danny and his diabetes is facually in correct, he doesnt suffer from any problems with it and it certainly doesnt affect his rugby cos he knows how to control it during a game, he has been dibetic for 8 years. He looked unfit at the England game cos he hesant played for 2 months, and then to be thrown in at the deep end against the aussies, its a lot to ask. I thought he did great.
wiganrugbynut

Post by wiganrugbynut »

Nat posted:
He looked unfit at the England game cos he hesant played for 2 months, and then to be thrown in at the deep end against the aussies, its a lot to ask. I thought he did great.
I agree unfortunately due to Quinton, Smithy n O Connor's form late on last season danny couldn't get a look in after the rib injury and so by the time Eng A came along he's out of shape, personally I'd of give him the nod ahead of Mark Smith in the Grand Final just to bulk up the pack.

He'll get is run next year as the three wise mens legs start giving way more and more....[/quote]