A Phone Call Will Seal Hodgeson Deal

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
wigan rugby

A Phone Call Will Seal Hodgeson Deal

Post by wigan rugby »

"We got the best club in all of the world
we got Barrett and Kenny
Edwards and Hanley
Boston and Kevin Irooooooooo
oooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo"

Watch My Wigan Warriors Video On Youtube And Please Leave A Comment
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6bFqmejJ0_8

butt monkey

Re: A Phone Call Will Seal Hod...

Post by butt monkey »

wigan rugby posted:
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/s ... 66,00.html

Very Interesting
I actually got rather excited until I read this little bit: "There is a chance, however, Wests might still keep both because another two players - believed to be Ben Galea and Daniel Fitzhenry - are also exploring their options in England"
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Eaststander

Post by Eaststander »

He's 29 years old. Born in 1978. The team captain.
A good full back.

WIGAN TILL I DIE
GeoffN

Re: A Phone Call Will Seal...

Post by GeoffN »

Get on that phone, Maurice! He's exactly what we need; a top class fullback, both in attack and defence, and a good goalkicker as well.
fitzy

Post by fitzy »

marice need's to get on the phone and make hodgson an offerhe can't refuse
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

fitzy posted:
marice need's to get on the phone and make hodgson an offerhe can't refuse
That's exactly what he DOESN'T need to do. He needs to make a sensible offer that won't see us sweating on a salary cap hearing next year - especially considering that we won't be able to convince the RFL to punish us according to the '06 rules.

We need a good fullback for sure - however we don't want to do "a warrington" and give a 5th of the cap to one player
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

The article says if Mo makes an offer to the player he may sign for us or he may stay where he is.

You could say that about any player Wigan are linked to .

Totally useless article filling up column inches apart from the fact it confirms one thing, Mo has not actually made any offer to the player!

At best this is his manager inviting Mo to do just that. No guarantee he will.

Dave
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

DaveO posted:
The article says if Mo makes an offer to the player he may sign for us or he may stay where he is.

You could say that about any player Wigan are linked to .

Totally useless article filling up column inches apart from the fact it confirms one thing, Mo has not actually made any offer to the player!

At best this is his manager inviting Mo to do just that. No guarantee he will.

Dave
It certainly implies that there have been negotiations already between Wigan and Hodgson (or at least, his agent).
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Doug Stand posted:
unfortunately due to the henious crime of sky pulling the plug on the Aussie games I can't comment on any player over there now.

From what I had seen of him, I remember being impressed byhim. From what I recall, didn't strike me as a player that I though would do much, slight in build, but as I say a very sound player and looked excellent in attack, but...

That was a couple of years ago and I'm not sure do we want to use the quota spot for him.

Yes we need a FB, but we also need a centre a prop.
The question would have to be answered what oberseas player is available in the other positions before moving in for Hodgeson.

i.e Would you rather use the slot for Hodgeson or Cooper?
The quota effectively doesn't exist next season, at least not the "3 Aussies" one. We're allowed 10 non-GB players, whether Kolpak or not.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

so who would our ten be? and is that in a squad? or just the starting 13 and 4 subs?

if so.

feka, vaealiki, bailey, barrett, lueluia, fletcher, harisson hansen, millard are the ones that are springing to mind at the moment. however i expect a few to go.

with regards to harisson hansen, he is a kiwi BUT could he not be counted outside the 10 becaus ehe was home grown?
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------