St Helens Supporters

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

St Helens Supporters

Post by cpwigan »

:conf: Saints never had huge crowds BUT what they had were loyal and vocal. Tonight, I was dismayed. Few turned up early to watch the academy match. Those that did eventually turn up were virtually silent throughout. The attendance was pathetic on Saints part. We filled our stand. What hope is there of Saints filling a new stadium.
pie eater and proud of it

Re: St Helens Supporters

Post by pie eater and proud of it »

Sh!t ground, no fans
Sh!t ground, no fans

Sorry, couldnt resist :lol:
damon

Post by damon »

It would have cost us £70-odd quid to watch the match - that's a bit too much for a young family to justify?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Never come across Saints fans so muted.

Interestingly, Saints fans turned up in greater numbers when we were dominant. How weird is that :conf:
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

cpwigan posted:
Never come across Saints fans so muted.

Interestingly, Saints fans turned up in greater numbers when we were dominant. How weird is that :conf:
Walking back to my car, overheard some saying that at least they had got the points. What more did they want!
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Saints fans used to have a culture whereby they had to play in a certain way. A tad like Spurs fans at football. Attractive playing style was everything. That seems to have gone. A pity really because you got some marvellous games whereby Saints were unpredictable but could mount famous comebacks and destroy even the very best teams on their day.

I was proud of our support tonight. Fabulous.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

I was impressed by the number of Wigan fans that were present for the second half of the academy game. It was the best atmosphere I've seen for an academy match at KR.

Saints never seem to get many watching the academy, except for the loud woman on the right-hand touchline from where you were stood CP.
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

They gall me.

They had a slightly better team on the night. I watched it with a SH crowing neighbour who seemed to think that the absence of Gilmour and Wilkin was cancelled by the premature injuries to Fielden and Prescott within 15 minutrs of the match.

I'll acknowledge to anybody SH were marginally better than us but to beat us by 7 points on home turf against a Wigan side with essentially a 15 man team with only 2 props is no glorious victory.

robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

weststand-rich posted:
They had a slightly better team on the night. I watched it with a SH crowing neighbour who seemed to think that the absence of Gilmour and Wilkin was cancelled by the premature injuries to Fielden and Prescott within 15 minutrs of the match.

I'll acknowledge to anybody SH were marginally better than us but to beat us by 7 points on home turf against a Wigan side with essentially a 15 man team with only 2 props is no glorious victory.
They did well to close down Feka and Barrett and Wigan couldn't really get going like they needed to.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

We do need a ploy that utilises Trent in a dummy sense. Saints have way too much respect for him and number up around him. As I have said elsewhere, your first receiver (Tommy) and hooker need to show and go more. Saints big men are vulnerable to speed / footwork. Their outwide defence is solid and only prone to kicks.