Wigan will be found NOT GUILTY

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
JIMH

Re: Wigan will be found NO...

Post by JIMH »

it can't be true that we will be found not guilty as the hearing hasn't happened yet. I can however beleive most of this thread as i've heard we have hired a top legal team from london. I would think the noise coming from this legal team and the club would be that they are very confident and beleive we will be found not guilty.

fingers crossed
WE CAN BEAT SAINTS!!!! YOU KNOWS IT!!!!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

To be found not guilty will be a shock. Cant see it myself 4-6 points i think.

We won round 1 we wont win round 2.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

If true the other SL teams & Cas will be screaming blue murder, i hope :lol:
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

After all - we have 50% of income to spend on lawyers! :lol: :lol:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

pieater-alex posted:
jimofwigan posted:
The case against Wigan will be dropped following the hearing tomorrow.MO has hired some really smart Lawyers this time. I heard that they could not only ride a coach and horses through the hole in the leagues case but the Rugby League are back peddeling because they could be sued for making wrongful allogations against Wigan. Lewis has offered his resignation but it has been refused
Oh dear me some gullable people believe this crap.
The only problem being, that there are question marks already, concerning the actual legality of the Salary Cap (the rules were only voluntary agreed upon). It has already been ascertained (in round one - of the Salary Cap hearing), that a (possible) legal challenge could be mounted (if a club so wished) and that the RFL would find themselves in a very tricky situation, in defending their position.

All we can do, is wait and see. After all, there's less than 24 hours to go.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Is their another reason we wanted to be judged on last seasons rules ? I have eared that some amendments to the wording re the cap from last year to this is where the loophole lies ,but we will find out soon enough .
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Spanakopitta

Post by Spanakopitta »

The RFL have also employed some fantastic sports lawyers as well.

Not suprising considering the quality job done by their in house team at the last hearing :blush:
GEER EM ONSIDE
ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior »

I hope this rumour is true, but some how I just cant believe it. I think we will loose 2 points a get a fine, similar to last year.

But how I wish it was true that we got nothing. Think of the reaction in Cas if we get no punishemnt.
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

Spanakopitta posted:
The RFL have also employed some fantastic sports lawyers as well.

Not suprising considering the quality job done by their in house team at the last hearing :blush:
There's only so much a fantastic lawyer can do if the case is already full of holes. It may be restricted to damage limitation. It may even be that the RFL's new legal team are the ones who've advised them to drop the case.

However, I don't think we're that lucky. We've already won one momentous victory in getting the 12-points penalty swept off the table. It's probably expecting too much to see the whole thing thrown out.

Unless, of course, Jim of Wigan can convincingly assure us that his sources are impeccable ...
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

pie eaters posted:
Wigan will never learn
How so?