Wigan will be found NOT GUILTY

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
XIII

Re: Wigan will be found NO...

Post by XIII »

Everyone knows he means Nathan McAvoy, we all make mistakes. :)
Wigan Till I Die!!

We've had Barrett and Kenny, Edwards and Hanley, Boston and 8 IN A ROW!!!
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Senior moment
chrisJJ

Re: Wigan will be found NOT GU...

Post by chrisJJ »

jimofwigan posted:
The case against Wigan will be dropped following the hearing tomorrow.MO has hired some really smart Lawyers this time. I heard that they could not only ride a coach and horses through the hole in the leagues case but the Rugby League are back peddeling because they could be sued for making wrongful allogations against Wigan. Lewis has offered his resignation but it has been refused
soon went down the drain didnt it
To be the best
you have to beat the best
Jake

Re: Wigan will be found NOT GU...

Post by Jake »

jimofwigan posted:
The case against Wigan will be dropped following the hearing tomorrow.MO has hired some really smart Lawyers this time. I heard that they could not only ride a coach and horses through the hole in the leagues case but the Rugby League are back peddeling because they could be sued for making wrongful allogations against Wigan. Lewis has offered his resignation but it has been refused
Looks like this really was just a rumour.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

pie eaters posted:
We will be in the exactly the same position next season, we have virtually the same squad as last season and with a couple more big money signings. The players that were supposed to have taken pay cuts in order to have bigger contracts this season will now have their contracts in place. Wigan are not stupid though, Lindsey probably already knows by the time next years salary cap breaches come into force the threat of relegation will be over because of the 'franchise system in place which stops that threat.

It is starting to wind me up. Lindsey as put his foot well am truly in fire here when he said that up to nine players agreed to have their wages deferred in order FOR BIGGER CONTRACTS THIS SEASON . So how does he explain that Wigan broke the cap this season yet keeps exaxtly the same players with additions like Barrett and Bailey but with those nine players on better contracts than they were last season.
Not necessarily better, just longer. We might find ourselves continuing to pay for players after they have left us, which I think is also happening with Barrett and his club back in Aus...?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

Fraggle posted:
pie eaters posted:
We will be in the exactly the same position next season, we have virtually the same squad as last season and with a couple more big money signings. The players that were supposed to have taken pay cuts in order to have bigger contracts this season will now have their contracts in place. Wigan are not stupid though, Lindsey probably already knows by the time next years salary cap breaches come into force the threat of relegation will be over because of the 'franchise system in place which stops that threat.

It is starting to wind me up. Lindsey as put his foot well am truly in fire here when he said that up to nine players agreed to have their wages deferred in order FOR BIGGER CONTRACTS THIS SEASON . So how does he explain that Wigan broke the cap this season yet keeps exaxtly the same players with additions like Barrett and Bailey but with those nine players on better contracts than they were last season.
Not necessarily better, just longer. We might find ourselves continuing to pay for players after they have left us, which I think is also happening with Barrett and his club back in Aus...?
well thats gonna be a joke if that happens fraggle!how the hell can we sign players of a better quality we have now if the money that is supposed to pay for them is being taken up by people who dont even play for the club anymore?
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

standishwarrior posted:
Fraggle posted:
pie eaters posted:

well thats gonna be a joke if that happens fraggle!how the hell can we sign players of a better quality we have now if the money that is supposed to pay for them is being taken up by people who dont even play for the club anymore?
The idea being that we keep the players we have got in the longer time period. The club is obviously placing its future in the hands of players like Hansen by offering longer term contracts that reduce the amount of money they get immediately in return for a longer commitment in the future. Are the players involved being conned? I would certainly want to look carefully if someone proposed such a thing to me to make sure I wasn't going to lose money in the long term, but who knows exactly what was proposed to them.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Surely if it is the case that deferred payments are against the Spirit of the cap and Wigans spend for last season we were over by 220K .The RL have not recognised that deffered payments are acceptable so in theory the money could be paid back to the players for last year as it was against last years cap .Then we start with a clean slate .
jimofwigan

Post by jimofwigan »

KEEP THE FAITH ITS NOT FINISHED YET.

If your club is in the position of overspend you have two options
1)Take the hit, let Rugby League penalise you
2)Rip up your existing contracts and re-negotiate the pay.

Wigan took option two and guess what?The tribunal said "you can,t do that".The money you did not spend because of your new contrcts errrrrrrr we are going to say "you spent it so there"So if we add up all the monies you did not spend and add it to the money you said you spent then we've got ya.

Wigan can not appeal until the details of the hearing have been put in writting that will be in 15 days
EVERY CLUB HAS THE RIGHT TO RE-NEGOTIATE ITS CONTRACTS
WATCH THIS SPACE
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

The only good thing out of this in a way .is that the deffered payments will now not count on this years cap. if we had won the case then we could very well be over this season. but in the eyes of the RFL we payed that money last season.