GB v Aus

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mrs_carney

GB v Aus

Post by mrs_carney »

I think we did ourselves proud tonight! Brian Carney had a great game and so did everybody else! The Morley decision was a bit harsh though! We'll get them next time!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Carney5

Re: GB v Aus

Post by Carney5 »

Yep Brian Carney was definitely man of the match. Everyone played well (apart from Sean Long who had a stinker) and they must have been shattered at the end of the match
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Everybody played well, but i dont see how Faz got MOTM there were players out there who did far more like radlinski, senior, fielden, peacock and carney! But well done to them all! I think Brian has proved himself fit to play for the next 2 matches! I hope Adrian Morleys meeting on monday goes well! Good luck to him!!
Emma Farrell

Post by Emma Farrell »

I think Carney deserved man of the match, i donk think radlinski had a good game he did quite a few knock ons unless- was it wet? :doz:
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

By the looks of the pitch i think it was slipy and his hands were covered in mud. It wasnt one of his best games! But it was certainly one of Carney's best games! :)
Ellie from the Block!

Post by Ellie from the Block! »

You're right, Carney had a cracking match! I especially liked those punches he threw - my oh my he's a firey little one!

Anyway, something that did get my goat (like the old man phrase?) a little was Farrell's interview at the end of the match. He said that the players didn't show enough committment and they'd need to play better next time. Whereas my opinion is that the 12 that played are the first team in ages to really push the Aussies close...imagine what we can do with the full 13.

Fair enough Morley was stupid, but Farrell shouldn't discredit the other players performances for it. :doz:
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

I know they were some pretty good punches! What surprised me was Newton tried to stop him and didnt join in lol!
warriors

Post by warriors »

They did play good in the first half. But in the second half, they started to lose it. At the end of the day, it was a good game. :D