When the RFL fail to discipline players

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

When the RFL fail to discipline players

Post by cpwigan »

We get the likes of Leon Pryce deciding to grab other players genitals :( Maybe if the RFL had punished Wilkin, Cunningham it would not have happened. What message have the RFL sent out to Saints by their failure to take strong action against foul play?
Fujiman

Re: When the RFL fail to disci...

Post by Fujiman »

cpwigan posted:
We get the likes of Leon Pryce deciding to grab other players genitals :( Maybe if the RFL had punished Wilkin, Cunningham it would not have happened. What message have the RFL sent out to Saints by their failure to take strong action against foul play?
The message is
We love you Stains
XXX
XX
X
All my love Richard and the crew at RFL
Matthew

Re: When the RFL fail to disci...

Post by Matthew »

Maybe the RFL will decide it wasn't foul play?

Perhaps they will claim that pyrce found the sight of Burgess' crotch so irresistible that he couldn't control himself from having a feel or two?

I saw the incident in the match and surely even Rob would have agreed that "play" like that deserves a red card. It wasn't over zealous defending - it was out and out foul play. It was a shame that someone didn't give him a right hook or 2 - because in my opinion it would have been justified.

What is it with the person who wears the number 6 jersey at stains being the dirtiest player in the league? martyn, hooper, pyrce - surely it can't be a coincidence?

"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
cpwigan

Re: When the RFL fail to d...

Post by cpwigan »

Apparently he grabbed them on 2 occasions. Now either he decided that he wanted to scare a young player (Burgess) or we have the next Ian Roberts albeit a very ugly one.

Disgusting act. I would ban him for 8 matches.
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

the word gay comes to mind!
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

cpwigan posted:
Apparently he grabbed them on 2 occasions. Now either he decided that he wanted to scare a young player (Burgess) or we have the next Ian Roberts albeit a very ugly one.

Disgusting act. I would ban him for 8 matches.
There is no way he will miss the CC final.

I agree - that sort of behaviour should be consigned to consenting adults in privacy. If pryce enjoys grabbing men's genitalia then there are better ways to out himself than on BBC television during a game.

If it wasn't sexually orientated then it was one step down from eye gouging and should have no place in the modern game and the ban he receives should reflect that. Is it any better than a deliberately late cheap shot on a helpless opponent?

I am sure that whatever ban he receives (assuming that the RFL actually do something for once), pryce will pull the stains trick of saying that he thinks he was hard done by. I haven't heard any comment from Anderson on this one - is he claiming that he caught him on the knee?
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

I was amazed at how blatant he was doing it. Maybe he has a wierd fetish for touching up hairy arsed rugby players in full kit.
He should receive a lengthy ban. It was only 1 finger short of doing a John Hopoati, he was banned for life (I think)
RFL will probably fine hime 35pence and tell him not to do it again, the spineless idiots. Newton would have been banned until the end of the season if he had done it. :angry:

Spanakopitta

Post by Spanakopitta »

i thought i must have imagined it.

I was watching and was thinking oh my god i'm sure pryce was just squeezed that blokes balls, the fact that Burgess didn't get up and knock him out made me think my eyes were dreaming
GEER EM ONSIDE
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Matthew posted:
I saw the incident in the match and surely even Rob would have agreed that "play" like that deserves a red card. It wasn't over zealous defending - it was out and out foul play. It was a shame that someone didn't give him a right hook or 2 - because in my opinion it would have been justified.
I've not seen it, did he obviously grab and squeeze? Definate red card if it's spotted. There are few things more despicable in my opinion, though Clinton Newton came close a couple of seasons ago, oh and John Hopoate!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

He did it twice Rob. Both times to Burgess. Burgess wanted to leave it alone BUT one incident was captured by the camera and Pryce was referred to the disciplinary.