Will Vaealiki be at the jjb next year???

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
crookmeister

Will Vaealiki be at the jjb next year???

Post by crookmeister »

i really think that Dave Vaealiki is a good player but he is just here for the pay packet i think he owes the supporters of wigan alot more, iam sure that he is a better player than people think as at wigan he has been plagued by injury and has not proved himself?

post your ideas and views on vaealiki!!!

:D
Sutty

Re: Will Vaealiki be at the jj...

Post by Sutty »

I hope not. I've nothing against him personally, but I think he has had three seasons to prove his worth and so far, he has been a huge disappointment. Wherever he goes I wish him luck but hopefully he will not be at Wigan next year. Bring on young Goulding and buy a top class centre who can score tries and set them up for his winger and we would see a huge upturn in our results.

Matthew

Re: Will Vaealiki be at th...

Post by Matthew »

Said many times over the last 3 years

End of contract = end of big pay day.

DV has been a huge disappointment. One reasonable season does not make up for the 2 very disappointing seasons that preceded it. For the money he is being paid he should have been the top rated centre in SL

We have Goulding now - and there is no point keeping him if he is not going to get a regular starting spot.

It would be interesting to compare goulding's and DV respective strike rates - think that should make the choice pretty simple
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
the big i

Post by the big i »

Don't think DV will be at the club next season because the money he's been on hasn't matched his performances since he came. He has been better this season but that might be the fact his contract is up at the end of the year
Southern_Warrior

Post by Southern_Warrior »

Does anyone actually know how much DV is on? I find it hard to believe that when we signed him we made him the highest paid player at the club!
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

I've never known as much chat about someone who is so unimportant.

In truth, the only argument of interest to be had about DV each week is "how ineffective" will he be today?

This guy is, without doubt, one of the worst signings Wigan have made in modern times, and the fact that he's allegedly here for a lot of cash makes it all the worse.

Get rid - he's had his free ride. We need someone who knows what playing for Wigan actually means.
Brad5926

Post by Brad5926 »

I thought he was a huge flop at first but then since the back end of last season he hasnt been to bad , my mind flashes back to us beating leeds last season at leeds when he took on two or 3 players and then gave it inside to ashton to go under the post, since then he has been a major improvement since his arrival,i wouldnt mind him being here next year aslong as he take a major pay cut in his wages as his pay packet is said to be one of the highest in the league
chrisJJ

Re: Will Vaealiki be at the jj...

Post by chrisJJ »

i hope he doesn't stay.. he's on to much and IMO is a reason why we were over the cap in 2005. We shouldn't have bought him in the first place, i would much prefered for Melling to stay on and DV to go aspinwall would have been good aswell, a bogus buy IMO.

he might be playing well now but he is playing for a contract.
To be the best
you have to beat the best
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

chrisJJ posted:
We shouldn't have bought him in the first place.
At the time of his purchase, he was considered to be one of the best 5 centres in the world, or does that mean he still isn't good enough?

He got injrued, it went downhill.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

- psycho - posted:
chrisJJ posted:
We shouldn't have bought him in the first place.
At the time of his purchase, he was considered to be one of the best 5 centres in the world, or does that mean he still isn't good enough?

He got injrued, it went downhill.
The problem is that we signed him when he was injured and didnt know how he would recover from that injury.No we shouldnt keep him next season he's had 2 very poor seasons & 1 poor season,not good enough.Good luck to him in the futcher.If he leaves Wigan he will probably become the best centre in the world nowing our luck.