Our new chairman is !!!!

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
GeoffN

Re: Our new chairman is !!...

Post by GeoffN »

DaveO posted:
Edwards is a coach at Wasps and we have one of those so I don't see all these ex-Wigan players either being involved (Edwards) or actually offering us anything (the other two).

Dave
A lot of sports, particularly in the USA, have motivational/attitude coaches these days. Shaun would be great at that!

I really do see our problem as one of attitude, rather than ability; hence the inconsistent performances.

The players, when they can be bothered, have the skills to produce performances like those against the top 3 recently; it's that "when they can be bothered" phrase that is the key.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

GeoffN posted:
DaveO posted:
Edwards is a coach at Wasps and we have one of those so I don't see all these ex-Wigan players either being involved (Edwards) or actually offering us anything (the other two).

Dave
A lot of sports, particularly in the USA, have motivational/attitude coaches these days. Shaun would be great at that!

I really do see our problem as one of attitude, rather than ability; hence the inconsistent performances.

The players, when they can be bothered, have the skills to produce performances like those against the top 3 recently; it's that "when they can be bothered" phrase that is the key.
I didn't mean to imply Edwards at Wigan would not be a good thing. I think it would but rather he will not be involved because he is coach at Wasps. I would be surprised to see him return with a new owner.

It is the other two names I think are not qualified to be involved.

Dave
MonoG

Post by MonoG »

Me. I want to bring in quality australians to the club and farm out youth players to rival clubs so they can become better teams.

My Real Name Is Laurice Mindsey
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

This is taken from the super league web site:
Quoted by Mr Joe Lydon:

"If you can carry on growing and get to 8,000 or 9,000 within the next three of four years then I think it’s a massive success story."

Lydon, who is combining his part-time work at Harlequins with consultancy work and recently helped to set up a performance centre in France, is being linked with a potential takeover of Wigan by Quins owner Ian Lenagan.

Although he still lives primarily in the north and admits Wigan remain close to his heart, Lydon says he is in the dark over the chairman’s plans.

"I hear the same rumours," he said. "I’ve not seen Ian for the last couple of weeks. I don’t know anything definite. I’ll just wait and see what happens."

Meanwhile, Lydon is preparing for a Wigan old boys reunion tomorrow, with Martin Offiah attending the match and Shaun Edwards, Billy McGinty and Denis Betts also hoping to share the action with the Middlesex Sevens at neighbouring Twickenham.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

farnsberg

Post by farnsberg »

Nothing is 100% official but I can tell you one or two things. There are two bidders looking to buy into our club, one of which is Ian Lennegan (sp). It is looking increasingly likely that neither of them will back down and the club will be run by the two of them. As far as I'm aware it will be split 50/50, but there is still quite some way to go in talks.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

farnsberg posted:
Nothing is 100% official but I can tell you one or two things. There are two bidders looking to buy into our club, one of which is Ian Lennegan (sp). It is looking increasingly likely that neither of them will back down and the club will be run by the two of them. As far as I'm aware it will be split 50/50, but there is still quite some way to go in talks.
If they are bidding why won't one outbid the other to get full control? That is what bidding means isn't it? If one offers a higher price than the other or even if DW thinks one is better than the other regardless of price, he can sell his shares to just one of them. Whichever one he wants to.

Otherwise its a partnership or consortium between the two bidders.

Or at least I would hope that is what it would be because the last thing we need is the club split with two men wanting to run it with the undercurrent of one trying to oust the other.

Dave
farnsberg

Post by farnsberg »

DaveO posted:
farnsberg posted:
If they are bidding why won't one outbid the other to get full control? That is what bidding means isn't it? If one offers a higher price than the other or even if DW thinks one is better than the other regardless of price, he can sell his shares to just one of them. Whichever one he wants to.

Or at least I would hope that is what it would be because the last thing we need is the club split with two men wanting to run it with the undercurrent of one trying to oust the other.

Dave
Maybe I worded it incorrectly, basically both men are interested in buying the club, at the minute talks are being held and they are both offering the money DW wants to sell the club. From what I can gather rather than pay over the odds it is looking increasingly likely they will be going into parnership and will pay half each. I will find out a bit more in the coming weeks but for now that is all I know.
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

farnsberg posted:
DaveO posted:
farnsberg posted:

Dave
Maybe I worded it incorrectly, basically both men are interested in buying the club, at the minute talks are being held and they are both offering the money DW wants to sell the club. From what I can gather rather than pay over the odds it is looking increasingly likely they will be going into parnership and will pay half each. I will find out a bit more in the coming weeks but for now that is all I know.
On the up-side, two extremely wealthy men owning the club would mean there'd never be a cash crisis.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

farnsberg posted:

OK fair enough. I am still a little concerned at the partnership idea. If they were that passionate about the club I would have thought they would each want full control.

Not sure how DW would view this either. He may favour one over the other and not want the other involved at all. If they present him with the partnership option he may simply not sell at all if the idea does not sit well with him.

Dave
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

I am still a little concerned at the partnership idea.
A four man board bring us back to the future :wink: