Biggest Regrets

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Biggest Regrets

Post by cpwigan »

As a Wigan RLFC Supporter?

1) Not seeing Boston and McTigue live in their pomp

2) Not attending the 1994 World Club Challenge in Aus

Anybody else?
gpartin

Re: Biggest Regrets

Post by gpartin »

Not attending the 1994 World Club Challenge in Aus

Not going to Maine Road when Lydon kicked 'that' drop-goal.

Stopping playing rugby after getting my nose broken for the 3rd time, against Sale U21's and my 4th ever game in RahRah
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

From these history threads CP are you reading some sort of books???

Biggest Regrets:

1) Missing the Murrayfield challenge cup final
2) Not being old enough to 'remember' Brett Kenny, I was alive but was a babbi.
3) Biggest regret is I dont go rugby with mum or dad any more, thats what it was all about, wednesday night going featherstone or whatever with them, went everywhere now we dont go together (dad goes home games)... thats what rugby was about for me.

I'd like to say I am fortunate going to the glory day annaul pilgrimages to Wembley, Premiership matches, regal trophies, lancashire cups etc... even a-team matches chasing converted balls with my sister in the rain in an empty Kop.... I look at Kids now (not in a perverted way) with their parents who go home and away (can recognise faces) and think I used be like that - saddening

4) Forgot... Wishing Central Park was still our home. :conf:
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:) Been watching a few old DVDs A&L

Whenever I feel down about Wigan RLFC I dig the old ones out to cheer me up. Cats was the biggest downer I can remember for a while. Oddly even worse than the Millward era and the 70+ hammerings.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

cpwigan posted:
:) Been watching a few old DVDs A&L

Whenever I feel down about Wigan RLFC I dig the old ones out to cheer me up. Cats was the biggest downer I can remember for a while. Oddly even worse than the Millward era and the 70+ hammerings.
Yeah I always thought Wigans problem was complacency and acceptance of 4th spot, but the big name players would pull us through when it mattered most. I was gutted after the cats game, almost like never before, Really wanted to see Wigan at Wembley and not even sure anymore whether our players are consistent enough to get us in the top 6.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Im just glad that I can stand up and say that im fortunate to have been there, seen that and bought the tshirts... Im lucky not many wigan kids my age (in the past) can say they've done a lot and seen a lot, I aint a better fan for going everwhere etc im just lucky my parents had the time to take me and my sister.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan posted:
Cats was the biggest downer I can remember for a while. Oddly even worse than the Millward era and the 70+ hammerings.
Sheffield Wembley was worse!

And Salford knocking us out in '96.

Worst of all was being relegated, though; I never want to go through that again! We were truly awful that year; think we won maybe 8 or 9 games out of 30.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Losing at Oldham in the CC can't remember the year can still hear the commentator on the way home crowing about the millionaires being beaten
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

GeoffN posted:
cpwigan posted:
Cats was the biggest downer I can remember for a while. Oddly even worse than the Millward era and the 70+ hammerings.
Sheffield Wembley was worse!

And Salford knocking us out in '96.

So many shared memories, with people i have never met.

Worst of all was being relegated, though; I never want to go through that again! We were truly awful that year; think we won maybe 8 or 9 games out of 30.
Yeah, I was at both games, the Salford one seemed worse than Sheffield for some reason, the end of an era.

mickh

Post by mickh »

Think to the future- not the past.