three nil ! nightmare

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the grinch

three nil ! nightmare

Post by the grinch »

is it just me or did anyone else just know we where going to lose that game with 5 seconds to go.and to make things worse if thats possible the bloody rugby union won the world cup on the same day!(well done).now we have been humiliated by the aussies 3-0 maybe we shuld make some sweeping changes like not playing players out of position not playing players who are injured not playing players who havent or cant train cos if we carry on like we are we are going to end up on par with the likes of america france and russia we need to get rid of this old boys club where if your in the click you will get picked we need a new coach who isnt frightend of upseting people and who is prepared to try new faces!
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
johnsons_babexx

Re: three nil ! nightmare

Post by johnsons_babexx »

the grinch posted:
maybe we shuld make some sweeping changes like not playing players out of position not playing players who are injured not playing players who havent or cant train cos if we carry on like we are we are going to end up on par with the likes of america france and russia

we need to get rid of this old boys club where if your in the click you will get picked we need a new coach who isnt frightend of upseting people and who is prepared to try new faces!
Youve hit the nail on the head there mate!

And especially to the second paragraph. A few names spring to mind but i wont say who dont wont to upset people
Officially PJ'sNo.1.Fan!!

1/3 of the original Nobby's girls - we have the t-shirts to prove it!!!!!

warriors

Post by warriors »

Because England beat Aus. I thought that they might win. I thought that it may make them better.which i did, for the first half, an part of the second half.

An i agree with you there. That some of the players wasnt 100%, an in the wrong place i.e. Faz

Rad had a good game. Even tho he got knocked about a bit. He played at 110% all of the game. :)
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Some very mixed reactions on these tests aren't there, everyones gutted obviously. Some are very negative saying we aren't good enough, which the inconsistancy between halves would suggest. Some are positive that the score was so narrow and that England A played well (although against a weaker opposition) and so the future is brighter.

I share points from all of these views and agree strongly when it comes to playing players out of position. We only need one loose forward on the pitch and we need wingers that are wingers (like Brian). I don't know about sacking Waite (although a British coach for Britain would be nice) but it'd be nice for him to take a fresh approach for next years tri-nations.
BIG AL

Post by BIG AL »

I agree as well about most of the problems mentioned especialy players out of position.But when you look at the wingers where do you go .We supplied one our other winger is an aussi bradford have two kiwis sthelens have one youngster with england A leeds are the same our main problem is far two many overseas players in key possitions .You only have to look at the bradford team that played us at old traford was it 7 overseas players
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

BIG AL posted:
our main problem is far two many overseas players in key possitions .You only have to look at the bradford team that played us at old traford was it 7 overseas players
It's ironic that people are suggesting Brian Noble to be the next GB coach, since his side has such a large number of overseas players, most of whom are somehow exempt from the quota. Perhaps he should set an example and replace most of his overseas players with British players instead who could qualify to play for the national team. Or what's the likelihood we'd see Withers and the rest in GB shirts since they're technically no longer foreigners?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Fraggle posted:
It's ironic that people are suggesting Brian Noble to be the next GB coach, since his side has such a large number of overseas players, most of whom are somehow exempt from the quota. Perhaps he should set an example and replace most of his overseas players with British players instead who could qualify to play for the national team. Or what's the likelihood we'd see Withers and the rest in GB shirts since they're technically no longer foreigners?
Well said. I am glad its not just me who finds it ironic Noble's name keeps being mentioned as GB coach when his team ought to be renamed Bardford Zealand or Bradford South Sea Islands.

The number of overseas players in the game is a real problem I have been banging on about for ages.

As to why we lost the series in the way we did I reckon it was by putting ourseleves under pressure by stupid mistakes and penalties as much as anyting.

First test we had the Morely incident. In the last test I saw the Sky replay and just before they scored the last two tries the tackle stats came up. GB had made 260 to the Aussies 200.

Because of this we basically ran out of steam at the end and could not defend the lead we had.

So the question is why were we making so many more tackles than them?

I reckon it was down to basic errors turning the ball over ad giving stupid penalties away.

A stat of 260+ tackles for a game also means you did not have posession as much as the opposition and so we must have given it away too much. You can't win without the ball.

So while I remain convinced we have too many overseas players in the country the ones we have don't apply themselves to the game correctly.

Dave
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

yes its true the players did not play to there potential but manny where out of position a few where injured some where ill these are not exuses they are facts we lost three nil this time so why not bang a load of young players in for the next time we play the aussies we can't do any worse and if i hear one more person say the gap is narrowing ill swing for someone the gap is not narrowing we are far behind the aussies and until we start to play basic rugby and put players where they shuld be instead of trying rob burrows at prop and barry mac on the wing we will always lose three nil
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart