Re: So, no signings then?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

[quote]Matthew posted:
It's a bit of a worry though - by this time last year we had Barrett and Bailey confirmed.

quote]

And much good it did us :exc:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
wrighty13

Post by wrighty13 »

i imagine Quins fans are happy about that, with the way they have been playing
simmy1

Post by simmy1 »

not sure if this should be here or not but heard today from someone at work who is a member of salfords fan club and is high up in the club somewhere if they go down possibly robinson,coley and korkidas commin to wigan he says they have been approached already and have agreed to speak to wigan at end of season if they are relegated
Banksy

Post by Banksy »

We simply don't need Robinson with Leuluai getting into his stride and developing more.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Think Coley is a done deal , can't see the Robinson one unless Lulu leaves us , Korkidas could be OK but would like us to aim a little higher , if you look at Nobby type of player Coley, Korkidas , Chev Walker, would fit the bill and maybe we will go down this way of thinking Higham 's contract is up will he stay? if not will Newton be on the want list Nobby rates him , Calderwood does not strike me as a Noble type player a more direct big runner is his style so maybe another winger may be on his way , that leaves a new full back get Richards on the other wing and with full back now such an important attacking position we should spend to get quality in this position.

All this depends if who ever takes over wants nobby as coach .
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

lucky 13 posted:
Think Coley is a done deal , can't see the Robinson one unless Lulu leaves us , Korkidas could be OK but would like us to aim a little higher , if you look at Nobby type of player Coley, Korkidas , Chev Walker, would fit the bill and maybe we will go down this way of thinking Higham 's contract is up will he stay? if not will Newton be on the want list Nobby rates him , Calderwood does not strike me as a Noble type player a more direct big runner is his style so maybe another winger may be on his way , that leaves a new full back get Richards on the other wing and with full back now such an important attacking position we should spend to get quality in this position.

All this depends if who ever takes over wants nobby as coach .
Higham's got another year still. So has Calderwood, if he wants it.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

GeoffN posted:
So has Calderwood, if he wants it.
I have heard that his agent - David Howes, has told him to take the option.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

If we are to sign an Oz please don't announce it. They seem to end up with broken bones, Hand, Jaw etc. Does any arrive uninjured? HC
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Banksy posted:
We simply don't need Robinson with Leuluai getting into his stride and developing more.
We have no cover at half back. Whether Robinson is the one to provide that cover is another matter.

As to TL getting into his stride he has been worse this season than Orr was last season by quite some margin. Yes he scored a try v Quins but he was to blame for the McIlinden try being stood up from a standing start by the opposition player. TL has been a big disappointment this season for me. Very unimaginative on attack and a bit of a liability in defence with a tendency to shoot out of the line. The opposition run at him all the time for a reason and it isn't lack of size.

Dave
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

DaveO posted:
Banksy posted:
We have no cover at half back. Whether Robinson is the one to provide that cover is another matter.

As to TL getting into his stride he has been worse this season than Orr was last season by quite some margin. Yes he scored a try v Quins but he was to blame for the McIlinden try being stood up from a standing start by the opposition player. TL has been a big disappointment this season for me. Very unimaginative on attack and a bit of a liability in defence with a tendency to shoot out of the line. The opposition run at him all the time for a reason and it isn't lack of size.

Dave
If he comes cheap enough (big ask there), I would have him back. He has shown more than enough ability to pull a poor team around the field. Also he could cover hooker/stand off if necessary. As Dave said, we have very little experienced cover - hence very few options in altering tactics mid-game. One thing few can say is that Robinson isn't a "tryer".
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!