Re: So, no signings then?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Signing deadline relates to this years games. Probably to stop the nrl sending its finest for the playoffs. Next year is a whole new deal in more ways than one. Hope you enjoyed your hols and were not too downhearted about the results. Smile and the world smiles with you but sulk and you are on your own. :) HC
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Officially, SL players can't be approached (for next season) until Sept 1st.

OF course, everyone knows that "under-the-counter" deals are made before then, but nothing can be officially announced until then.

Not that I'm holding my breath, mind.
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

we cant announce anything becase we will havew a new chairman next year and he will have to confirm anything before it uis announced and he will be the quins chairman
Shevi 4 life

Post by Shevi 4 life »

Nobby signs the players now not maurice
There expanding knowsley road from 3 car park spaces to 4
Geraldine_Papadopoulos

Post by Geraldine_Papadopoulos »

Andy Coley's been signed for next season

Briscoe will also be another player in
Signed:

Geraldine Papadopoulos
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Shevi 4 life posted:
Nobby signs the players now not maurice
Perhaps but Noble isn't in charge of the finance at Wigan its Lindsey, Noble still needs the permission of Lindsey before signing anyone.

Neither Lindsey or Noble is going to sign anyone until they know who will be Chairman of Wigan next year, because if there is a new Chairman they might have different ideas.....perhaps putting Wigan under the salary cap for a change.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The Wigan Observer carries a story that Nobby has been to see Whelan and he has been told to proceed with his planned signings and to spend up to the full cap limit.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

It's a bit of a worry though - by this time last year we had Barrett and Bailey confirmed.

I'm not a big fan of Coley - the last thing we need is another player that gives away penalties - he should get on with Hock like a house on fire!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

No he does not inspire me either. He looks like somebody who does not know whether he is a prop or a second rower.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Bit like David Vaealiki then, he doesn't know if he is a centre or a waste of space!

Our centres come from a tin of Quality Street - all soft centres!
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!