Re: So, no signings then?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Matthew posted:
It's a bit of a worry though - by this time last year we had Barrett and Bailey confirmed.

I'm not a big fan of Coley - the last thing we need is another player that gives away penalties - he should get on with Hock like a house on fire!

Matthew these were Aussie signings the deadline for players to be recontracted is Ist Sept and then can be officially approached by other clubs.Nobby's signings could be coming from SL and already in the pipeline.
Last year we did not who had signed until 3 weeks prior to the season.
Big question is over the cap if the deferred payments are still in place or not?????
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

cpwigan posted:
No he does not inspire me either. He looks like somebody who does not know whether he is a prop or a second rower.
A bit like Fielden then! :wink:
MonoG

Post by MonoG »

I'd rather them wait and sign the right player for the club, someone who is value for money. Instead of the usual well we went to Oz didn't see anyone good but we thought we would bring one in anyway because it will be a waste of a trip otherwise.

Anyway i would rather see some players sacked or moved on before we bring someone else in.
lancaster077

Post by lancaster077 »

Mark Gasnier and Shev Walker are players that are very strong links as is Coley and Brisco.

With Fletcher going and Vialeki and with Ashton,Millard, Following suit and Withers already gone there is room for 1 more Aussie and its going to be Gasnier when he finally becomes fit.

But there is a fight between Us, Wakefield and Catalans for his signature.

Hodgeson from Tigers is off because Giants have signed sombody from Wests so hes re negotiated a new contract.

I cannot say my sources but they are 100% Genuine, i was the first to say Lockers and Hock were touted by Gold Coast but then decided to stay.Both are on large ammounts on the salary cap.

I would like to see Mathers at full back, world class but unlucky with injuries.Or William Zillman from the Raiders.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

lancaster077 posted:
Mark Gasnier and Shev Walker are players that are very strong links as is Coley and Brisco.

With Fletcher going and Vialeki and with Ashton,Millard, Following suit and Withers already gone there is room for 1 more Aussie and its going to be Gasnier when he finally becomes fit.

But there is a fight between Us, Wakefield and Catalans for his signature.

Hodgeson from Tigers is off because Giants have signed sombody from Wests so hes re negotiated a new contract.

I cannot say my sources but they are 100% Genuine, i was the first to say Lockers and Hock were touted by Gold Coast but then decided to stay.Both are on large ammounts on the salary cap.

I would like to see Mathers at full back, world class but unlucky with injuries.Or William Zillman from the Raiders.
Sorry to doubt you but I would be amazed if Gasnier came. The only reason Barrett was turfed out at St George was to pay Gasnier the big bucks.

In any event, I don't want him. It would put us in the same situation of having too much money invested in too few players. He is on $600,000 in Aus!!
lancaster077

Post by lancaster077 »

I was told this in confidence lol but sod it im spreading the word because the fans have had a torrid year,the club are going to go balls out to get him.
There might be a few suprises at the exit in terms of players at the end of the season but im not told who.

I also hear Mathers or Brisco but no contact has been made as yet.But contact has been made for Chev Walker and Coley but only if Salford go down.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Sorry to doubt you but I would be amazed if Gasnier came. The only reason Barrett was turfed out at St George was to pay Gasnier the big bucks.
Not to mention the fact he's turned us down in the past for the money, and it'll make it difficult for him to picked for the green and gold again. People complain about players coming here for the money rather than wanting to wear the shirt, but he even refused to come here for the money last time! Pride in the shirt is not even on the agenda...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Sign an international centre for mega bucks who has yet to prove he has recovered from a serious career threatening injury?

What could possibly go wrong!?!?!?!

We can ill afford to go down this route again - especially when we need a top class prop rather than a crocked, money grabbing centre who has already turned us down once.

Mathers is a reasonable player - when he doesn't spend half a season on the treatment table. He's way too much of a risk.

Despite the departure of DV, Ashton, Withers, Fletcher and possibly Millard. We need to buy several players - we have been very lucky with injuries this year and have a paper thin squad. A repeat of previous season's injury roster could see us in serious trouble.

I think that it is far more likely that Richards will move to fullback, leaving Colbon and Calderwood on the wings. Walker could well come in at centre, to partner Goulding; moving Bailey to the pack.

I also think that we will be the proud owners of the most ill disciplined player in SL if/when Salford go down.

So far I have yet to hear a single signing that doesn't either make me shrug my shoulders with indifference or wince at the amount of the cap that will go with them.

All thanks to the mighty salary cap!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
fitzy

Post by fitzy »

Lockers and Hock were touted by Gold Coast but then decided to stay.Both are on large ammounts on the salary cap.
lockers also nearly signed for quins
Shevi 4 life

Post by Shevi 4 life »

Gasnier not a prayer
Dont know about chev or mathers
Dont want coley

If we do get Gasnier and pay him a bomb its de ja vu
Dv springs to mind
There expanding knowsley road from 3 car park spaces to 4