Wembley tickets

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mrs Lifter

Wembley tickets

Post by Mrs Lifter »

My tickets have just arrived registered post.Just as ive finished posting a rant on off topic about supporting the game at all levels.Im not as excited as i would be if Wigan were there but it will still be fantastic.It will be a brilliant show case for a brilliant sport,50,000 tickets allready sold irrespective of tribalism.
cpwigan

Re: Wembley tickets

Post by cpwigan »

And whatever anybody says to your face, they will be thinking Wigan so and so once you walk away. Ah the joy :doz:
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

cpwigan posted:
And whatever anybody says to your face, they will be thinking Wigan so and so once you walk away. Ah the joy :doz:
Correct CPW. I have now stopped going to away games and am also considering packing in the annual trips to CC and GF. I'm lucky enough for both of these trips to entail a box or a meal and top seats but the amount of stick I get from my so called guests is getting me down.
bertina

Post by bertina »

jinkin jimmy posted:
cpwigan posted:
Correct CPW. I have now stopped going to away games and am also considering packing in the annual trips to CC and GF. I'm lucky enough for both of these trips to entail a box or a meal and top seats but the amount of stick I get from my so called guests is getting me down.
I also go to the CC final, and the GF every year, but unless a miracle happens and Les Cats do the unthinkable, it might be the last time I book well in advance.
It almost makes me choke listening to all the Saints fans gloat. And believe me, they mention Wigan almost as much when they are gloating as they do their own team.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The odd thing is that as we disperse geographically we have seemingly become more tribal. I know from the past that my father and his friends although supporting individual football clubs would happily go from North West ground to North West ground to watch individual players as opposed to clubs. So if Blackpool were at home they went to watch Matthews, Preston, Finney and so on. Likewise, when he watched Rugby League he marvelled at Lewis Jones for Leeds, Gasnier for the Aussies and so on.

I believe that some desire to see brilliance did exist in League too. I can remember fans travelling in awe to watch the Kangaroos in 82 and 86. To watch Kenny, Meninga, Lewis for their clubs. That seemed to go by the wayside from the 90's onwards.

The modern day mentality seems to be winning irrespective of how. Indeed, seeing others struggle brings joy too.

We have close family friends who are Saints fans down the generation. We never rubbed their noses in it when Wigan were on top and neither do they now. As an ex Spion Kopee I used to stand in an area of Central Park that put me in very close proximity to away supporters. Whilst it was not always sweetness etc, I cannot recall it ever being uncomfortable. Would I like to stand amongst away supporters today :( No
Spanakopitta

Post by Spanakopitta »

oooh i'l have to keep an eye for mine, our postman isn't the best!

Unfortunately this year i will not be wearing my wigan shirt (which i would normally do whether we are there or not)....absolutely sick of having to put up with abuse off other supporters...i can take banter and give back as good as i get but seems to be getting more and more vitriolic against wigan.

Want to enjoy my weekend!
GEER EM ONSIDE
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

"I'd rather be hated for something I am - than loved for something I am not" - Kurt Cobain

Got to say that is how I feel about being a Wigan fan. If other fans have to make themselves feel better by slating us then they clearly aren't that happy with their own team.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I made the mistake of going to the GF last year... i will have more fun scraping up roadkill, cook it and feed to my dog than go to another non-Wigan GF or CC final again.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

jinkin jimmy posted:
cpwigan posted:
Well feel free to pass on box or meal tickets to trotski as i luv nothing better than giving back more stick than i get as you usually find that the ones giving it cannot take it back & soon clam up when you get the better of them verbally :lol:

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan posted:
The odd thing is that as we disperse geographically we have seemingly become more tribal. I know from the past that my father and his friends although supporting individual football clubs would happily go from North West ground to North West ground to watch individual players as opposed to clubs. So if Blackpool were at home they went to watch Matthews, Preston, Finney and so on. Likewise, when he watched Rugby League he marvelled at Lewis Jones for Leeds, Gasnier for the Aussies and so on.

I believe that some desire to see brilliance did exist in League too. I can remember fans travelling in awe to watch the Kangaroos in 82 and 86. To watch Kenny, Meninga, Lewis for their clubs. That seemed to go by the wayside from the 90's onwards.

The modern day mentality seems to be winning irrespective of how. Indeed, seeing others struggle brings joy too.

We have close family friends who are Saints fans down the generation. We never rubbed their noses in it when Wigan were on top and neither do they now. As an ex Spion Kopee I used to stand in an area of Central Park that put me in very close proximity to away supporters. Whilst it was not always sweetness etc, I cannot recall it ever being uncomfortable. Would I like to stand amongst away supporters today :( No
Good post cpw. My Dad is one of the generation who speaks about great players from other clubs he liked to watch. he still will watch any RL he can on Sky whether Wigan are playing or not.

I think you hit the nail on the head about people taking joy out of others struggles. This wa sillustrated last year with the near hysteria of the "NL1 needs a strong Wigan" campaign.

For myself I never rub it in on opposition message boards and rarely post on them in the way the trolls launch themselves onto Wigan boards on rlfns when we lose.

When we win I am far more interested in discussing out team than theirs anyway.

That said unlike my Dad I am far less likely to seek out RL games not involving Wigan these days and I will not go to a GF or CC Wigan are not involved in. I have in the past but not now. It isn't due to excess banter directed against mne as I probably would not be in a Wigan shirt anyway but I just think somehow my presence and that of other Wigan fans is not really wanted so stuff em.

Dave