Starting 17 for Bradford Game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wigan_babe_13

Starting 17 for Bradford Game

Post by wigan_babe_13 »

Going with what we know about Faz and Lam's injuries and that we've only bought Danny Orr as yet, what would be your starting 17 for the game at Bradford?
Mine would be:

Radlinski
Dallas
Aspinwall
Johnson
Carney
Orr
Robinson
O'Connor
Newton
C.Smith
Cassidy
Tickle
Hock

Hodgson
Sculthorpe
Wild
Pongia

I think that would be a pretty good match for the Bulls! It will be interesting to see how Aspinwall, Briscoe, Wild, O'Loughlin etc will do this season, they are no longer our `young guns` they have at least 2 seasons of first-team under their belts and they won't be able to use the label of `kids` to excuse them a poor performance this season! We have got a new group of `kids` in Brown, Allen, Hock, Hansen etc to be pushing for places this season!
warriors

Re: Starting 17 for Bradford G...

Post by warriors »

I think that it will ba a good game, with the 17 that have been choosen.

But i think that they would do better, if they had Lam in the game.

It is about time that they give faz a rest, with his knee injury.

We will see how they do without faz. no more 1 man team. :D
robjoenz

Re: Starting 17 for Bradfo...

Post by robjoenz »

warriors posted:
We will see how they do without faz. no more 1 man team. :D
We aren't a one man team. Faz is great leader but we played part of last season without him. He is influencial, but he doesn't make Wigan!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

I'd put Hodgson in before Johnson, he was top scorer last season I think (at least for most of the year), and it would be stupid to bench him. Apart from that, it seemed to work well with Pongia getting the first few hits in before O'Connor, but there's not much to choose between the three big men.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Warriors_ace_17

Post by Warriors_ace_17 »

Mine would have to be:

Radlinski
Hodgson
Aspinwall
O'Loughlin
Carney
Orr
Robinson
Sculthorpe
Newton
C.Smith
Cassidy
Tickle
Hock

Dallas
O'Connor
M. Smith
Pongia
2004 YEAR OF THE WARRIORS (hopefully)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
warriors

Post by warriors »

rob, see i am not disin faz. i am just saying, that he does play as a one man team sometimes. he thinks that he can run throw them all.(he is a big guy, but not that big)he can play good.

He give some crap to the team players, i no that he is doing his job, because he is the captain.

You can tell me that he never once has played as a 1 man team?
AndyLaw

Post by AndyLaw »

looks like you'll have to revise your 17 with Johnson being released. Looks like hodgson then.
It will be interesting to see how Briscoe gets on, unfortunately not with Wigan.

:blush:

This goes to prove what most fans have been saying for ages, Salary caps are there to peg the top teams back, not move the game forward. Well done Mo for speaking up.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

warriors posted:
rob, see i am not disin faz. i am just saying, that he does play as a one man team sometimes. he thinks that he can run throw them all.(he is a big guy, but not that big)he can play good.

He give some crap to the team players, i no that he is doing his job, because he is the captain.

You can tell me that he never once has played as a 1 man team?
They were all guilty of playing one man rugby at times last season, they're the games we have not won. Not just Faz the whole team. If you play one man rugby you don't win. We can still win games without him
warriors

Post by warriors »

Faz is the main person that plays 1 man team. Every1 says that.

I am just saying that it will be a good game without faz. because we can see how the team will play this season, without him, an with the new players.